Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    Time Capsule Opening
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time Capsule Opening
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
posted
This coming Year will be the opening of Time Capsule. I haven't really seen much about it.There was a picture and some discussion on pg 5 of "A Warm Welcome For The Queen" thread. I have some questions. Will it be a big event with all the media attending,? Wii it be invitation only or can the general public attend? Any word if Jan was going to be there? When is the planned opening? Where specifically is it buried? I know it is a lot of questions but after 50 years it is getting close. If there is any more info to be added it would be appreciated. Also in the book:Camaro From Challenger to Champion there is a mention of the capsule.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Michael Wilson,

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I do not know but am equally curious

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
I know someone I can ask. Stay tuned.

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Bill, Tell them you have dibs on any VINs ,assignment sheets,etc Cheers

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
okay, who has photos of this thing actually being buried!

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Well unless it was a public Hoax here is Estes holding up the pace car post card that went into the capsule.

From My video posted on the registry site...

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
And here is our (now) "missing" Box. roll

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Any thing new ? confused

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
Nothing. Last I spoke to them they had an email chain going that seemed to include everyone but my dad!

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Guessing they didn't find the time capsule?

Posts: 2766 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Ive come to the conclusion it is an urban legend and the photos are photo-shopped. Ive looked on the internet and not a word

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Was anything ever discovered about the whereabouts of the time capsule?

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967 RS SS:
Was anything ever discovered about the whereabouts of the time capsule?

Maybe similar cicumstances
https://wwmt.com/news/local/30...missing-time-capsule

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
No news on this. My theory is it never got buried but rather was placed in the museum vault/ basement. Now if you've ever been in the museum basement you'll know they have NO clue what is there. In retirement I'd love to lead a project to catalog what is realy there!

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Bill, that would probably be a dream job of a lifetime!

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post