Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Canadian Pace Car Discussion    I just bought Canadian BB pace car 237202
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just bought Canadian BB pace car 237202
 Login/Join 
On the access Road
posted
My name is Rich Puryear, I just joined this group because I just purchased Canadian Big Block Pace Car #237202. I have owned approximately 35 67-69 Camaros since 1980, but this is the first 67 pace car. I am very excited to learn all I can about the history of this car, including its participation in the Canadian Grand Prix. On the registry it shows Barry Dickhout as the owner. He owned this car before 1994, then sold it to Kevin Murphy, Thorsten Ritter bought the car from Kevin in March of 1995. Thorsten had the car professionally restored in Detroit 2012 and sold it to me late July 2022. Pics to follow.
Thank you, Rich.

Posts: 50 | Location: Lubbock, Tx | Registered: 11 August 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the access Road
posted Hide Post
More pics to follow.

Posts: 50 | Location: Lubbock, Tx | Registered: 11 August 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the access Road
posted Hide Post

On the access Road
posted Hide Post

On the access Road
posted Hide Post
/

On the access Road
posted Hide Post

On the access Road
posted Hide Post

On the access Road
posted Hide Post

On the access Road
posted Hide Post

On the access Road
posted Hide Post

On the access Road
posted Hide Post

On the access Road
posted Hide Post
The first picture of cowl tag was hard to see. hope this one is better.

On the access Road
posted Hide Post
Here is an article I found including my car formerly owned by Barry in Ontario.

Ever Hear of a
JUNE BUILT CANADIAN
PACE CAMARO???
No matter what article you
read about 1967 Pace Camaros, each
will tell you the same ,,,
mandatory identification on the
firwall tag must show TR 732-Z
interior code for the blue vinyl
custom, 0-1 Paint
code (C-1 on
the replicas) and it must show
the all important
04 build code,
Soon after ICC's Ontario Chapter
formed, several enthusiasts called
IC Headquarters about 1967 Pacers
with an 06 build date. According
to information received from
Chevrolet Motor Division at an
earlier time, this was not possible.
Records
showed that any cars built
with a VIN number later than N224000
could not be a Pace Car replica. End
of story.
. Not quite!
Barry Dickhout's L35 1967 RS/SS Convertible is an "06" build, 0-1
Paint Camaro.
IC talked with three different owners with the 06 build dates. Each of the cars had
N236 or higher VIN #. Each car had
0-1
codes on the firewall tag and each was an 06C
ody time build. Two of the owners sent IC protect-O-plate tracings, firewall rubbings
and build sheets with the 1001AA color code which is noted on ALL the O-1 Festival Pacers.
There were several explanations as to what these cars could be;
some said they were
special built for seven GM reps in the Canadian Regional Zone offices. Others claimed the
cars were built after Indy while A.J. Foyt's air conditioned Pacer was being assembled.
It seemed that A.J. turned down the winner's Pace Car because it wasn't equipped with air
While doing this GM did several others for the Canadian Zone executives.
Thanks to Larry Davidson of General Motors of Canada Limited we have the real story.
ELEVEN special vehicles were ordered by code 80055, GM of Canada Limited Sales Promotion,
and distributed from Oshawa to dealers across Canada - not GM executives. As to which
dealers received these vehicles, it is impossible to trace. However ICC does have each
of the eleven VIN #'s of the "06" Pacers.
Here's what our search revealed
each of the cars were shipped during the 6/19/67
thru 6/23/67 time period. Each car is distinctly stamped with an 06 build date on the
firewall tag. All 11 cars are L35 equipped, 396 Turbo-Jet 325hp. Each' of the L35's are
matched to M40 Turbo Hydramatic transmissions and G80 posi-rears. All eleven big blocks
äre outfitted with simulated wood steering wheels, power convertible tops, front and
rear bumper guards, deluxe front & rear seat belts, N44 special steering and door edge
guards.
Two of the confirmed Canadian "06" Pace cars are
VIN # 124677N236950
VIN # 124677N237202
These cars are identically equipped right down to their B37 color-keyed floor mats.
Do you own a Canadian Pace Camaro? If you would like to verify your suspicions
contact ICC.
We're as anxious to find all eleven of these Pace Cars as you are to
find out if you own one.... Remember, each of these convertibles are RS/SS equipped.

On the access Road
posted Hide Post

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Nice. Did you get the GM of Canada build documentation yet?

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the access Road
posted Hide Post
I have not. I would like to. How do I go about it?

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Here: https://www.vintagevehicleservices.com/

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the access Road
posted Hide Post
What service should I request? Thank you Phil.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Fantastic. Sorry for the late reply and the lack of return email.. super busy but looking forward to catching up and doing things.. Gorgeous car!

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the access Road
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tom.

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richcarz:
What service should I request? Thank you Phil.

Contact them! https://www.vintagevehicleservices.com/contact

Phil@camaropacecars.com

On the access Road
posted Hide Post
I sent the information to them today. Thank you for your help. I would like to learn more about the Canadian Grand Prix cars, especially the door graphics on the big block cars.

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I see you finally made it. Welcome

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the access Road
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mike.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Hello Richcarz, I am from Canada and familiar with the CDN sold pacers, but there are many other people here who also know of these cars.I did have a registry and was keeper of the registry at one point. Barry Dickouts was my last known owner. We would love to hear about owner changes and dates and are following this thread. Congratulations.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post