Originally posted by RickDawn67:
So the VVS sheets from GM Canada don't have the Body sequence numbers? We have several of those sheets don't we?
I see that Pacecarjeff's sheet on the internet shows 236xxx, perhaps 236970 (car no. 2), was also produced on Friday June 16th (same production day that I think Dawn's is).
BTW- from a string over at Supercars it appears his car doesn't have the fleet code after the 5BY- like most of the other cars found?
Tony... You mentioned before on here somewhere that a full fleet code 5BY-xxxx would start with the first car, then perhaps not be on all the sebsequent cars... this would support that Jeff's (2nd car) with just a 5BY-
and the 1st BB car (VIN 236950?) as having the full 5BY-xxx. Isn't this car one we know?
But without the body sequence or line numbers on all the cars we're not sure what the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd cars were, are we? Jeff's just isn't the 1st....
Anyway, it looks to me like BB RS/SS cars 1 - 10 were made on Friday the 16th (and depending on sequence/line they might have made Dawn's RS/SS C-4 and then that SS 350 and 396 Coupes on Ebay/cars-on-line sometime before the BB Canadian car run on Friday). BB car 11 was made on Mon the 19th, and that unusual BB car 12 was made on Tues the 20th?
I've been told they ran models (and perhaps interiors???) at the Norwood line in groups? This is getting a little confusing till I have the sequence numbers figured out as it appears our car was run about 500 units BEFORE the BB cars, although the VIN is between cars 10 and 11.
Perhaps it was run right after the 10 RS SB cars as I'm not 100% sure that Dawn's car is an RS/SS or thier's a slime possibility it could be an RS (L30M20). L30M20 (having 4-speeds) have traction bars and the body would be prepered like the SS's that went down the line 27 and 28 units after Dawn's. An and being an RS, it could have been run right after the 10 RS festival cars, then her's, then SS cars, etc. etc... what a puzzle???
If we had the body sequence numbers on any of the 10 SB Festival cars that would be helpful.... I beleive these cars were run on Thursday 6/15 and Friday 6/16 before the BB cars.
Today's summary for 6/16/67 (Friday):
- remainder of 10 RS Festival cars
- Dawns 350 C-4 RS/SS or RS??? Conv. (N237440 NOR137159)
- SS 350 G-G Coupe, Ebay (now) N236946 NOR137186)
- SS 396 C-C Coupe, Cars-on-line (now) (N237248 NOR137187) listed at $38,000
- Canadian 396 0-1 RS/SS Conv. No(s) 1 - 10 (is one of the 1st cars NOR137655, 656, 659, and 665???)
- No. 1 (N236950 NOR137655)? Magazine cover, in California? with "-xxxx" fleet/copo code???
- No. 2 (N236970 NOR13????) jeff's 5BY- car?
- No. 3 (N237058 NOR13????)
- No. 4 (N237184 NOR13????)
- No. 5 (N237202 NOR13????)
- No. 6 (N237326 NOR13????)
- No. 7 (N237334 NOR13????)
- No. 8 (N237342 NOR13????)
- No. 9 (N237374 NOR13????)
- No. 10 (N237432 NOR13????)
NOTICE: VIN and Body/Line Sequence are both needed. ie, per above list some lower VIN number cars actually traveled down the line later, so using the Body/Line Sequence number may be better....
No. 11 (N237512 NOR??????)
No. 12 (N238642 NOR??????) Remote mirror car, stolen from carport late 70's in Toronto
I hope we have the sequence numbers of a handful of the SB and BB Canadian Festival car's!