My Forum Home Page
Need help and advice

This topic can be found at:
http://camaropacecars.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1701028156/m/7451015166

27 January 2018, 09:25 AM
Taz
Need help and advice
I am interested in purchasing a possible Indy festival car. A 2015 Camar vert. The vin is 2G1FK3DJ6E9279209 The Car is missing the stickers on the windshield, Camaro banner at top and car number on lower driver side. The Verizon sticker is also gone. Questions...is the vin listed and or can someone tell me for sure it is a festival car? Did Indy pull some decals back off after the race? Is there a place to get stickers for windshield? Thanks for any help or advice.
27 January 2018, 11:55 AM
PeterPar
quote:
Originally posted by Taz:Questions...is the vin listed and or can someone tell me for sure it is a festival car?

I don't have the VINs for the later model vehicles, but Lee or Bill may. I'm sure they will respond when they see this post.

quote:
Originally posted by TazBig Grinid Indy pull some decals back off after the race?

I think a lot of people assume that the track purchased these cars and therefore controlled what happened to them. That is not the case. Chevrolet loans them to the track and oversees the cars while in Indianapolis. The usage is coordinated with track officials and after the race, the cars are returned to GM as they were used at the race. Many times, it is the dealer or person who purchases the car after the race that removes the graphics.

quote:
Originally posted by Taz:Is there a place to get stickers for windshield?

The windshield banner and the other graphics are made in limited quantities. The original supplier, Graphik Concepts, may still have what was leftover. If you contact them through the link above, they can confirm what is still available. Proof of ownership with VIN will be required to purchase any graphic per GM requirements. This procedure should enable Graphik Concepts to verify the car's usage at the track.
27 January 2018, 04:11 PM
MLakin
I posted some stuff but deleted it, guess I got the wrong year car. In the 2014 thread, 2014 VIN but says it's a 2015 Camaro, so I got Confused If it's indeed one of the 2014 black cars then they were just batch ordered L99 black on black L99 2SS convertibles with optional "dealer installed" black wheels and were not special "Indy Package" ordered cars with a corresponding code on the SPID. The Enterprise people swapped out the wheels on all of them and installed all the graphics.
So no easy way to identify them.
EDIT!!!. Aha few posts down in this thread, Lee has the VINs. Just talked to him so he should chime in soon!

http://camaropacecars.com/eve/...1028156/m/5971069156

Mike L.
28 January 2018, 10:52 AM
Lee 93
2014 car 32 500 Festival

28 January 2018, 11:26 AM
Lee 93
Sorry that last photo resize cut off the vin.

28 January 2018, 05:05 PM
Taz
Thanks for all the info. Will let ya all know if we end up buying it.
06 February 2018, 08:27 PM
heatherz
Hey there Taz - will we see this car in March at the Winternats? Smiler
20 March 2018, 12:18 AM
tbenvie
This is not one of the Festival cars, and is a 2014 Camaro.

Tom Benvie
East Bridgewater, MA 02333
tbenvie@comcast.net
23 March 2018, 08:46 PM
Bill B
quote:
Originally posted by tbenvie:
This is not one of the Festival cars, and is a 2014 Camaro.

?? it's a 2014 stated wrong in first post but is a festival car for the 14 race.

Bill @ CamaroPaceCars.com (remove the spaces)