Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Festivals here!
 Login/Join 

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted
Got most of the Festivals to the track where they will be decaled like the Z/28 Pace car. I got to drive #1 woo hoo!

Mike L.

Posts: 2520 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Evil. Looks like an eposide of Batman with all that black Cool

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13208 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
This was posted today on the Chevy Indy Facebook page.

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
sick! Big Grin

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13208 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Did you ask if they can offer an RPO on the new Z/28 with a decal package? Pretty simple to do..

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4644 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Are you asking if there is a RPO for a Z/28 Pace Car edition like the Z4Z's of 2010,2011? If so then no, no RPO for any of the pace or festival cars this year.

Mike L.

Posts: 2520 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
I noticed that the window stickers on the ss cars list the black wheels. Maybe that is the only way to get the black 45ths? I am not sure.

As for the Z/28 only one replica is planned to be built at this time and it is for the winner. They do have an SS that will not get miles just in case it is needed.

My sugestion was to make 10-20 real Z/28 replicas.

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Brian R.>
posted
The Black 45th wheels are available across the board as a dealer installed option this year. I saw a white SS at a local dealer last week and it has the black 45th wheels. It was listed the same way on the window sticker as the Festival SS cars are.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
Thanks for clearing that up. We do have the vins on all 51 cars and the one coupe so at least we can verifie that way.

On the access Road
Picture of Steve#42
posted Hide Post
I like!

Posts: 54 | Location: Indy | Registered: 17 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee 93:
As for the Z/28 only one replica is planned to be built at this time and it is for the winner. They do have an SS that will not get miles just in case it is needed.

So for the last however many years one of the three Pace Cars would end up being the Speedways's. So will the Speedway not have a 2014 Pace Car for the basement? (Lee, post for you on C5 Hot Wheel Festival thread/conv forum)

Mike L.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
Yes they will have the real Pace cars, GM, Hall of Fame , not sure who gets the third or 4th. What I am talking about will just be a display car with Graphics for the winner. Not sure if its painted or Grafik Concepts will do it. This is all subsect to change.

I'll check out the question on Camaro5. Thanks Mike.

Victory Lane
Picture of SMKZ28
posted Hide Post
Just spotted this in an article on the IMS website: http://www.indianapolismotorsp...s-500-festival-cars/

Posts: 5040 | Location: Homer Glen, Illinois | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of SMKZ28
posted Hide Post
and this on Flickr

Posts: 5040 | Location: Homer Glen, Illinois | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of SMKZ28
posted Hide Post
and this on ink361.com

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
What a cool Golf Cart first

Mike can you please send me the camaro5 link post with the guys question. I can not find anything on camaro5 anymore.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee 93:
What a cool Golf Cart first

What nut created that! Cheers

Bill @ CamaroPaceCars.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 2990 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<2010pacecar>
posted
That will be my new grandson's new wheels have to start them with a small pace car. Happy Birthday Bill.

Victory Lane
Picture of SMKZ28
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2010pacecar:
That will be my new grandson's new wheels have to start them with a small pace car.

Just like I started my son! Maybe you can get one of these and paint it up like a pace car.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
I want to get my new son one of those with Indy ED decals!

So far all he has a 96 Viper Go Kart. Some day he will get all my 93s.

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Am I alone here? I don't get this passion for black wheels; I guess I'm an old chrome guy.:-(
From the reading I've done, I can't see a typical Camaro guy getting too excited about owning a Z/28, esp. for street/daily use. As a track car, its outstanding, but....

Posts: 851 | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Not alone. GM seems satisfied to give us what they want rather than what we want.

The absence or track style cosmetics seem conservative for a "track car" that if used on a track--would likely be immediately festooned with stripes for racing. The absence of factory stripes however are explained as the air extractor on the hood is just a tad bit in the way now for traditional rally's.

Seemingly if the new Z/28 is a "tribute" to the original Z/28 then the stripes and the wheels seem to be the departure points for us old timers that make us go "huh"??. confused

On the wheels , I suspect that the black is used to make the car more "menacing" in the looks department.

Overall I like the car enough to buy one...I suspect there will be good cars for sale within 18 months of the 6th gen roll out and looking at the depreciation curve of the previous Z06 as an example - the cost used may be a bargain.

Now what would make me burn a rut in the road to order a new one? Fix the cosmetics...that is all that would take for me.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4644 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DoubleM>
posted
Hey, I want to get ahold of one of those golf carts, I think it is cool!

Victory Lane
Picture of SMKZ28
posted Hide Post
Just spotted this picture on ink361.com

Victory Lane
Picture of SMKZ28
posted Hide Post