Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Test Fitting Sheet Metal To See Where Your At
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Test Fitting Sheet Metal To See Where Your At
 Login/Join

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom McGinnity:
Walla! Is that how you spell whalla? roll
Maybe its Ta Da

Tom, It is spelled "Viola". Big Grin It's French! Go figure right, but then again so is the name "Camaro". Camaro means comrade or friend. But we knew that too, right? Wink

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Viola Camaro!

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Dave.. all four hinges are GM old NOS. They are terrific.. But good question..

Yes the trunk is now higher so there would be even more room for the weatherstrip.. The GM stuff is the only way to go.. That Soff seal stuff is rediculouse to even consider if you think the trunk is going to close flush.. Even with the GM it takes a few months for the strip to settle down

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Weave.. I'll be out of time soon on this project til fall but I will admit it has gone real good so far.. Remember of course I need to metal work the hell out of each panel, take the entire car apart and deal with the trunk floor, 1/4 panles , dash top and a few freaky areas under the back seat.. then the rotissary which will not fit in my garage.. so then its time to start sponging off my friends which always cost something, somehwere, somehow.. Fun Fun Big Grin

Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
You're so right. That's when the real fun starts. When did you switch from the Silver Bullet to the Eastwoods (Pap's)? Check out the latest pics of the 37 on FB showing the rear deck gap.

Posts: 1416 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I drink any beer thats in the fridge

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Whats under the primer? Brass repair?

Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
No, the car is a rust free, no hit steel car. It's filler material the body guy was sloppy with trying to get all the panels arrow straight.

Posts: 1416 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Well the lines right on

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom McGinnity:
Viola Camaro!

VI says Hi guys!!... Tom BTW I had the same issue with my NOS Header and the bottom bulge-I thought fixing it was worth it to get the gaps at the ends and the correct capture dimensions at the hood.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Holy Cow that is sweet. Your hood gaps look to be tighter than mine... which I like.. I don't understand that unless I have a skinny hood compared to yours.. I might just be looking at it for too long.. all my gaps are real good but each is on the bigger side of the allowed tolerances,, My blue car is tight as a drum but yours seems to be spot on and I don't know how at this point.. It may just be pictures.. Its gonna help when I get my finished Pacer out of storage next month to compare. Thanks Phil

Tell Vi.. Viola for me

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Its time to stick the car in the corner today: I rolled it out into the 29 degree weather because the sun is great but the pix won't come out as good as I'd like Roll Eyes .. I blew some white paint on the lines to see.. Its good..Pix are almost now worth posting but its now or never

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
pix

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The fact that you can't see the black like is a good thing

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Junk original grill and original bumper show me the peak alignment with the lower valance is tip top