Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Finally located a set of NOS 4 piston Brake Pads
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally located a set of NOS 4 piston Brake Pads
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Does Tyler still have it? Did it get restored?

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
He likely does. I could have bought the car for $40K as is back then but the issue present is that the car is such a time capsule it would be better to simply preserve it as is.

It would be wrong to restore it and if you do then the car simply becomes just another restoration. IMO... as is it is the car is a true benchmark vehicle and as such 100% unique.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by festival:
For those who may not know, L181L35 was one of the very first enthusiasts to see the brilliance of photo documenting original untouched cars.

Mike's research methods set the standard for restorations and the research needed to go to the extreme.

For me simply being able to photo document the next closest VIN (where the car was original in nearly every respect) was a benchmark opportunity when Pat owned the car 17 years ago now.

Thanks for the kind words Phil!!!

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Please let me chime in with my .02/worth re: Phil's comment (I.E. Recognition of trail-blazing by Mike R./L181AL35).

Hard to believe this previous exchange was several weeks ago... time is flying by SOO fast... i wanted to post some thoughts before they get lost in the shuffle (again):

Mike and his 'knowledge base' (Photo and otherwise) have, for myself, been an invaluable resource. In recent months I have been the grateful beneficiary of his photo documentation work, and his vast knowledge, as we approach the finish line with my project (update LONG overdue). He's also directed me to resources I already had; but forgot over time (arrgh).

I'll elaborate on this in a long-overdue project update. But for the moment, 1) just wanted to second Phil's comments of recognition for Mike's work; and 2) Put up my hand as a 'poster child' to that effect. THANKS MIKE !!!

CHARLEY

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post