Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Jeff ( & Marty ) Hugneys car at Toms house
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff ( & Marty ) Hugneys car at Toms house
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Heres a pic of the stock I used for this car

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Not a lot to report as the brakes just didn't want to cooperate with me this week.. I'll spare the boring details.. but suffice to say they need fluid and a good bleed once I put the drivers seat back so my son can push the pedal!

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Phenominal attention to detail...Tom is the best! Wish I was 10 minutes away instead of 10 hours.

Posts: 272 | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom !!

Posts: 443 | Location: Whitehall, Pa | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Steve gets the gold star today.. the compression fitting inserts are the hot ticket.. You have to put wood underneath and really whack the crap out of it.. but it works!

Here are the fittings checked for diameter on the original mat...

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
After tracing the original to the repro this is the result.. tip,top

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I used a metal ruler and a fresh razor blade after I punched the holes... awesome

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Feast your eyes checkered flag

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
By the way... these repro mats.. not so good but theres nothing else to compare: confused

The color is too dark. The material is too hard. the cut is oversized on the ends and the sucky part for us is that the coupe is actually SHORTER than the Convertible.. I don't mind cutting.. but I can't add Frowner

The circle on the coupe is to go over the shock.. we have the divider that lengthens the need as it slopes upward

<SteveR>
posted
Looking good Tom, thanks for the gold star! Smiler Does the car have the spare tire hold down? I'd like to see what that hole cut looks like on your original trunk mat to compare it to what I have from a survivor 1969 trunk mat. I can see somethings changed a bit over the years on the matt, the bumper mount reinforcement on 69s are cut out instead of being completely covered in 67.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Here ya go. each corner is slightly rounded

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Car look really good Tom, excellent work bringing it back to proper. Love the thread and the detail. Often wonder if there aren't a huge group of restores with 67's following along and taking notes.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Sappy787
posted Hide Post
>>>>> JEB & SAPPY >>>> TAKING NOTES !!

Posts: 842 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa  | Registered: 15 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<SteveR>
posted
Hold down cut out looks identical to the one from a 69 survivor trunk mat, thanks for posting the picture Tom!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
So much for the fast paced improvements.. The brakes tortured me so badly Saturday that I could not face that beast Sunday.. Instead I had full motivation to try and straighten the doors in the hole and the fenders to the door. let me be very clear... If you don't take the time to line your doors up and then you put your fenders on you have screwed the next guy.. I suppose a good analogy is painting over the wallpaper in your house and then taking the wall paper off... not to hard to understand why thats not gonna work Roll Eyes hammer.. SO.. with bloody knucks and cut down sockets, two jacks, a bunch of towels, a vice bent 1/2" speed wrench and a 12 year old punk at my side we had at it... The better door on the driver side took a while.. luck was on my side with the way off passengers side.. I had the door adjusted in about three attempts.. this left me time in the day to polish out that side jambs and dress the doors some..
Keep in mind last month I made all the adjustments to the door for the " in & out " its the "forward and back" thats the toughy..