Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Jeff ( & Marty ) Hugneys car at Toms house
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff ( & Marty ) Hugneys car at Toms house
 Login/Join

<Marty H.>
posted
As Tom explained to me at Carlisle....this RS front end is SMILING! Cheers Cool Smiler racer us flag checkered flag yea

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tom, nice work on the headlight issue. Please start a new post on the blue beauty next to the Hugney car in your driveway. We all want to know about it.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Marty.. she may not be smiling quite yet but a good grin is building checkered flag.. She fired up with 1/2 a revolution last night and God only knows why but it shifts and clutches better than my C-1 and I thought that one was good..

My neighbor came out and thought your car was gone and my car was back! So I guess she's looking good! Cheers

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
It shifts and clutches better because you did it again...just think how great your O-1 is going to be!

The smile on the car's face puts a huge smile on my face Big Grin, as you have all read, there is no where else that this car would have gotten 1/2 as good of detail work so I can never thank Tom enough! Cheers

Amazing perserverance with the headlight issue. From past experience Tom knew he could get them to work, but what a battle. Interested to hear if anyone else who used a new harness had similar issues.

Yes, Tom, what is that Blue beauty...a blue Topper?

Posts: 272 | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Still waiting on some back ordered brake valves etc and my shoulders a mess still but we couldn't miss a sunny 45 degree Sunday so we got some outside paint buff action and engine super final washing done in preparation for final detail and Charley the pinstriper next Saturday.

Its impossible to show fine details of paint but suffice to say its getting as good as it can be and thats a far cry from what it was

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
useless pix.. but another

The mystery blue car is a topic for once this car is off to Virginia but suffice to say its a needed template for the pinstriper and I wanted to compare RS stuff just out of insane curiosity Roll Eyes

Might notice that convertible top frame is resting a bit better these days.. theres 1 extra push of the palm needed when it goes up but its worth it Wink

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
The blue girl is home??? Big Grin

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I saw repro floor mats years ago and the cars owner told me they faded quickly and badly.. These mats are made by OER and are absolutely exact.. not sure they will or won't fade but they are sweet. They are next to Blue Deluxe Interior originals for comparison.. My experience tells me that any interior part molded solidly in color ( meaning if you scrape it or cut it with a knife its blue all the way through ) almost always fade to a greenish hue.. With that I suspect these repro mats are the correct color.

Very nice

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tom , unless those mats have changed , the OER ones have a different Pattern inside the circle with the Chevy bowtie in it compared to the original items....

Posts: 2766 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
These must be new and improved Geoff.. these are exact and/or super super close FYI

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Charley just left... car looks quite finished

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
He followed along with the blue car here in the garage as close as possible.. really sweet and correct

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Raining hard so car can't go out but this pic shows the stripe is really correct

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Close up

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Factory original for comparo