Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Door decals.. New and exact.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Door decals.. New and exact.
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted
My friend Chris P who bought Sappy's Pacecar and restored it to perfection ( and will be on display at MCACN next month ) has taken the time with his friends and past business partners at Stencils & Stripes to make silk screened exact repro's of the door decals from an NOS set of decals Chris bought a year or so ago.. A group of people spent an inordinate amount of time making these.. I am posting this because there are a limited number of them and I think when they are gone they are gone......I've bought mine and Bob Martin has too. I think there are less than a dozen left as of 10/20/15

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
From Chris

Reproduced to exact specifications as an NOS original, specially matched the silkscreen colors. Current reproductions not as close. Contact Ralph at stencils and stripes unlimited to order. $375 plus shipping and handling fee per set. Only 18 sets were done, with less than a dozen left in inventory

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Pic

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
decals

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The NOS set used

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
My set.. They look amazing

<99 PACE>
posted
Are these the ones from 10 years ago that car #92 was used as a sample? The colors were more correct.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
No those are the ones Andy Wolf has made.
From the first post, these were made using an original NOS decal as reference.

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Question:
How could the true color of the original be matched if it was still in it's wrapping? Wouldn't they need need to pull back the paper to see or match the colors? Just curious.

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Dave Bates>
posted
So looking forward to MCACN!

Supporter 2009
Racing
posted Hide Post
He got two decals one he framed the other was used to make them.

Posts: 129 | Location: Brockton, MA | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
BTW these are made with one sheet of clear plastic silk screened on as was the original decal process of the day circa 67. I am SURE there will be discussions about this.. The biggest being if the decals still on 92 are even originals.. more on that later

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Look carefully.. you can see the ridge of the clear die cut around the entire decal.. Good, bad or indifferent we need to examine that this is the way it was.. I remember Pat Railsback had a survivor.. I wonder if those decals can be examined?

PS these colors look great to me after examining original pictures

<Pat Railsback>
posted
Hi guys, I didn't have any original decals on any of the 67's I've had the opportunity to enjoy over the years. Amazing I ended up keeping the one with the most issues. Love a challenge I guess?

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Do you suppose this would be of value? It's hanging up in Freeman's Musclecar Parts in Brownsburg. Don't recall the story other than it is off a pace car that was restored long ago and a new skin/door was used. Might have been off of Pats' car(s)??? Blue color looks light, but how long ago were the too-light repops made?

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post