Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Restoring my RS SS 396 IPC
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restoring my RS SS 396 IPC
 Login/Join

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sappy787:
Phil it looks awesome.

Im so lucky the family got me that original photo of Merles pacer or else Im sure I would have never known it was a mag hubcap pacer...

Ive been hunting the internet hard for a set of mint hubcaps...

Awesome picture...

Hi Sappy,
Are you still in need of some mag style hub caps? I found some on the Team Camaro website. This guy says he has "mint" and used ones. Might be worth a try. Here is the link.
http://www.camaros.net/classif...roduct=46243&cat=all

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Weave.. the caps I gave Sapp are already polished by my guy.. His problem if I remember right is that the cast centers have corrosion " volcanos " and that condition can not be easily repaired.. Its mint centers that he needs.. correct me if I'm mistaken Sapp

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Tom D,, that link might be the hot ticket

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<jebfink>
posted
yes we only need the centers of the hubcaps. thanks to tom for the outers. I do have a small technique that i am going to try to make them look pretty good. at least i hope it will work. Stay tuned and i will let you all know

Man Tom, your guy in Mass. does do some damn good work with stainless trim. holy cow and he is pretty reasonable. He has my business!!!

jeb

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the Track
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jebfink:
yes we only need the centers of the hubcaps. thanks to tom for the outers. I do have a small technique that i am going to try to make them look pretty good. at least i hope it will work. Stay tuned and i will let you all know

Man Tom, your guy in Mass. does do some damn good work with stainless trim. holy cow and he is pretty reasonable. He has my business!!!

jeb
i bought trim rings from Tom and his guy restored them and they're perfect. I highly recommend him!

Posts: 90 | Location: colts neck, n.j. | Registered: 12 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Sappy787
posted Hide Post
Z11 thanks for the link. Tom D. Also.

Yes the main issue is the pitting.

Yes I agree with Jeb the chrome work was awesome and very affordable...

Posts: 842 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa  | Registered: 15 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jebfink:
ok so back to the driveshaft question. there are many many driveshaft threads on all of the camaro forums out there but none that i saw make even a general consensus about the identification stripes. No marks appear to be left at all on the original shaft so that does us no good. with that said what should the markings on the driveshaft be for a 396/ 325 hp 4 speed car, or better question maybe, if this was your car what would you remark it with. We also bought the chassis detail kit from quanta with the body mount tape yellow spray ink and a driveshaft number stencil, is the numbers supposed to be on there? I read somewhere someone had a pic of one with orange numbers on it and heard that it was a service replacement driveshaft. basically i am hoping to hear what will make it look the best and most accurate possible??? confused

Sorry for the delay in responding. Of course my car is a L35/THM400 auto so not sure if you can go by it although it does seem similar to what Tom posted. Have an old power point file I can't seem to open anymore so I'll post a photo of what I found on mine. Sorry didn't think to take a pic before I spray bombed mine "steel".

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Nice detail in the drawing!! Cheers

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Nice diagram Mike!
I had posted a pictures of my original drive shaft years ago with it's original markings along a tape measure. My Camaro is also 396 with a TH400, so I am not sure if this applies to a 4-speed, but I can add to the research. My measurements I believe were from the other end of the driveshaft so that's why my distances are different.

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
The Camaro Research Group has a research topic on the drive shafts. Also, Bob Harris of Camaro Specialties is reproducing the drive shafts. You will need to install your own input shaft. Only issues I noticed were the U-joints had grease fittings and the balance weights were incorrect. But great for anyone dealing with a pitted up shaft

Posts: 178 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: 04 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Sappy787
posted Hide Post
@

Posts: 842 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa  | Registered: 15 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Sappy787
posted Hide Post
#

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Sappy787
posted Hide Post
%

<Larry C Weaver>
posted
SAP! Looking good!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Dave, progress looks GREAT.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post