Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Restoring my RS SS 396 IPC
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restoring my RS SS 396 IPC
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Clearly spent a moment with the trigger down but no arm movement.. big pile up of product. Also note the super crappy staple job.. some staples only went through the steel with one prong!

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Sorry the ground is the same color as the undercoat Roll Eyes. Take a look how the washer captured the flap Eeker Aslo not that the staple heads are on the back side of the metal leaving only the folded over " claws " of the staple to grasp the rubber.. That makes zero sense to me! But there you have it

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<jebfink>
posted
tinting the sprayable seam sealer would not be possible as to it is prepackaged. It would be the hot ticket if we could get someone to make it in black though.

I am also in need of a photo of a convertible top frameing folded down without the cloth on it so that i can see how high it is supposed to stick up when folded down or if anyone has a measurement from some points that would help too! i would just rather make sure that it is in the right place before we get the top installed (cloth to framing)

thanks

jeb

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<jebfink>
posted
one more question for you guys. on tom's photo of the rubbers stapled to the liner. Are all of them with the staples coming through from which would appear to be the wrong way like in Tom's photos above?

which way would you put them in?

<jebfink>
posted
we have some photos of Dave Parr's car which have the staples going through what one would think would be the logical way, but Tom's photos appear to be of nice original wheel tubs

Suggestions??

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I will check a few more places.. I think the original way shown is stupid and it may be a staplers descretion just like the way chassis bolts are pointed. Doing it that way with the soft staples needed to work will only serve to make you suffer later when the fall off I would think

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Sorry to say but the only two pix I've been able to find have the staples going the illogical way.. Maybe its because the housing would not fit into the machine turned upwards?

This pic is my 04A Norwood Pacer

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
This is a 67Z that I think is from LA. It does the show circuit under the guise of never having been restored which I doubt but the flaps appear to be original

<jebfink>
posted
This may be a stupid question but what color goes to what side on the starter solenoid as far as the small 2 wires goes.

Also need a pic of the small resistor that hooks to the coil anyone got one of those
a pic of it installed please if you do

thanks again guys

dave's car wouldn't be the same without you all

jeb

On the Track
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom McGinnity:
Sorry to say but the only two pix I've been able to find have the staples going the illogical way.. Maybe its because the housing would not fit into the machine turned upwards?

This pic is my 04A Norwood Pacer
maybe they wanted the staples to be cleaner looking as you were watching the engine compartment as opposed to looking at the staples under the fender?

Posts: 90 | Location: colts neck, n.j. | Registered: 12 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Purple always inboard closest to the block

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
David, the guys from the site all helped out with questions i had on my car as well. Keep up the great work.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Truth be told...its Jeb that needs to be thanked for having an open mind.. I cannot tell you how many times a restorer would have no part of our suggestions and a few guys cars ended up incorrect.. its an ego thing.. Jeb uses his actual work to boost his ego ( and reputation ).. the best possible way to go Cheers

Happy Friday gentlemen

<jebfink>
posted
guys first and foremost i would like to thank all for your compliments that you give out to me. If not for the site i know that there are many things that would have not came out to be near as good as they have on dave's car. Everyone on the site has been so very helpful and answers questions so quickly and everyone's photo references are absolutely amazing!!!!!!!! I dont think that there is anything that someone can't come up with a photo of. I have learned so much from all of you during this process of doing Dave's car that has been truly mind blowing. It seems that this group of guys truly has something special that is to be appreciated by all and it only helps everyone who is willing to learn and put forth the effort to build these cars back to the best that they possibly can be. That is one of the things that makes it so cool. I am truly glad that Dave got me hooked up with you all and you can be sure that even after the car is done, i will certainly be poking around the site still, and will still be trying to learn even more as one's knowledge of classic cars can never be complete. I also am looking forward to seeing you all when we get to debut the car at some time so you all can really pick it apart and let me know what you all think. I have never undertaken a restoration of this quality before and i have really been amazed at how much fun it has been and how much i have learned to reiterate that again. Just wanna say again thank you to all that answer the questions and give opinions as they are all appreciated and I am sure that I can speak for all when saying that. I am hoping to have my own shop up and running around the start of July this year and hopefully looking forward to restoring anyone else who may be interested pacer.

Thanks again guys

Jeb

<jebfink>
posted
What have you guys done with your driveshafts to make them look decent?