Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Restoring my RS SS 396 IPC
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restoring my RS SS 396 IPC
 Login/Join

<jebfink>
posted
need a photo of a kick panel please preferably blue in color thanks

jeb

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<jebfink>
posted
anyone have a photo of the inner oval bracket on the inside of the rear quarter bumper bracket? a photo would be very helpful

thanks

jeb

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Every pix I can find has the weight can in the way Roll Eyes

If your looking to locate the skating rink shaped washer because the quarters are new I have a little trick.. You have to test fit the bumper anyway right? So get the actual bumper you will use on the completed car with the brackets you will use on the completed car.. mock it up using the center bracket and then make your hole with the bumper set perfectly to how you'd want it to go.. keep in mind you want the center of the bumper where it curves to follow the body line of the quarters ( rolling the bumper up and down til perfect )... NOW is the time to be able to get that perfect.. You don't actually have to weld that washer in place if your reluctant about your math.. you could paint the car...install the bumper and just smush a little epoxy or Fusor or even sealant-dum dum under the washer as you tighten down the bracket bolts... this gives you the leaway to allow a perfect looking fit

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Why do you need a kick panel photo? for color match?

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
My mock up before paint

<jebfink>
posted
THANKS TOM VERY HELPFUL ONCE AGAIN. GOOD THOUGHTS ON THE BUMPER BRACKET. THE SKATING RINK SHAPED BRACKETS ON SAPPY'S QUARTERS WERE GONE FROM PRIOR REPAIRS ON THE QUARTERS AND NEEDLESS TO SAY WE FOUND NEW AFTERMARKET ONES BUT THEY ARE MORE OF AN EGG SHAPE THAN OVAL AND I THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE OVAL -- NO BIG DEAL BUT ATTENTION TO DETAILS. IF THEY ARE EGG SHAPED WHICH END GOES TO WHERE?

BTW I DON'T NEED A PHOTO OF A KICK PANEL ANYMORE. I JUST NEEDED TO SEE IF THE PULL HANDLE ON THE VENT WAS BLUE OR BLACK ON A BLUE PANEL. WAS GOING TO DYE A SET OF BLACK ORIGINAL ONES TO BLUE BUT CHANGED MY MIND

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Unrestored 67 Z

<jebfink>
posted
perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely an unlimited source of photos how do you keep track and find these all so quick?

thanks
jeb

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Jeb, try Camaro Specialties for the rink shaped pieces. They must have a bunch of them either on scrap quarters or know where to find a few. Typically used quarters are not damaged or rusted in that area.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<jebfink>
posted
Getting closer to the painting stages of the interior on sapp's car and want to get all of your ideas on the interior floor pans and dash. A photo of an inside floor pan and info on what you guys used for brands and paint codes for the dash and interior colors would be great help. I am sure that the info is probably on the site here somewhere but there is so much info all over the place I can't keep it all straight. We should be posting up some pics of the progress soon!!!

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Yes.. thats a mojor issue... info spead all over.

I'm sure guys can give you some good heads up on the interior metal parts for blue.. both color and sheen.. DON'T just paint it base clear and look like a show car..its unbecoming that way

Another little item to remember is where the tape lines land between white, black or blue..

I had great difficulty with mine in that the paint that showed was mixed incorrectly and after I thrashed to get it right I forgot what paint was the good and the bad.. rendering me handicapped to give solid advice.. Mad

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Heres a nice one to follow for this area so you know how much area to cover etc.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Here is before for comparo

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
This is original I believe.. good to see where to mask off

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I was still using a film camera when I bought my first pacer so sucky picture of a great floor checkered flag

also note the tape line between blue and white on the right side interior 1/4 top..

the brown spray is carpet glue that they used