Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Conv Rear Seat Divider Vinyl cap - pic needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Conv Rear Seat Divider Vinyl cap - pic needed
 Login/Join

Racing
posted
My order for interior is being made by Al Knock Interiors as of this writing. I asked for a duplicate of what they made for Charley Maule (minus the white top), with me supplying the door carpet sections. There are 2 additional bright blue vinyl pieces that I will need them to supply. The ones at the bottom of the B-pillar and the cap on the rear seat divider. The B-pillar piece isn't a problem, but I need to know more about the seat cap piece. It is shown in this picture. I can figure out how much I need if I had better pictures. does any one have some pictures? Especially from the back?

thanks
-Chris

Chris Many

"If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can !"

Avid home restorer of classic cars.

Posts: 155 | Location: Highgate Falls, Vermont | Registered: 04 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
This is the B-pillar piece I was referring to.

Chris Many

Posts: 155 | Location: Highgate Falls, Vermont | Registered: 04 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The B pillar one I just use seat upholstery.. I honestly do not recall that blue material on the leading edge of any of my cars but of course when I got them they already had top replacements.. I'd like to look further into that restoration detail. I do know that the well liner was a beige color not black like the replacements etc.. Its a funky zone of the car to get correct

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Please let me know about the Al Knoch order.. I may pull the trigger soon if you are totally happy with all the results compared to Charlies! Thanks

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom.

My plan is to post pics of what I get from Al Knoch. They told me they still had all of the material from Charley's job, so it should be identical. This includes the dash pad. For the door panel carpet sections, I bought mine from ACC with the new floor carpeting. Looks like ACC got the vinyl trim the correct darker blue.

Chris Many

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Here is the only photo that I have.It looks to be about 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide and as long as the leading edge of the well liner where it attaches to the divider. The wider the better---you can always trim it off.And yes,it is sewn on to the well liner. Andy V.

Posts: 540 | Location: Southeast Ohio | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
Excellent. I will by some extra material and have it sewn onto my new well liner when I get it. I'm sure that the new one will not have the correct material on it.
thanks
Chris

Chris Many