Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some updates
 Login/Join

<GaryB>
posted
Well,
I have not been active on here lately.
Here are some pictures of the progress on my 0-1 Pacer.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Your back!

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Gary has been sitting on this car for a million years just like my 78.. He's hitting it hard now but was having trouble getting back on this site.. I have a bunch of pictures.. This car is coming out totally awesome....

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Belly

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Body

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Doors

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Jewelry

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Coming together

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Not too hard to see what kind of work Gary is doing... AMAZING.. This car has some NOS stuff I have never seen...

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Gary...your first 2 pix didn't load right.. send them to me and I'll post them

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Gary, the car looks great. You are doing wonderful work.

Posts: 1601 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
Nice ! More pictures please.

I have a couple questions, but please excuse my ignorance since I'm still new at understanding these cars.

1) This car is an automatic evident by having no Muncie Hole in the firewall. So it wouldn't have originally come with a tachometer ? or is it an IPC thing ?
2) Looks like it has a 1968-mid 1969 style trunk lid evident by the 4 oblong holes for emblem mounting. Am I correct? I only ask because I am shopping for a trunk lid and would like to get the correct one if possible.

thanks and keep up the good work,
Chris

Chris Many

"If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can !"

Avid home restorer of classic cars.

Posts: 155 | Location: Highgate Falls, Vermont | Registered: 04 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The vast majority of Pacers ( including automatics ) got the full gauge package.. that's a standard option anyone could have gotten. I counted ( including pilot versions ) 5 decklid designs for 67 run.

Racing
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom

The information at Camaros.org led me to believe that there were only 2 trunk lid designs for 67:

http://www.camaros.org/exterior.shtml#trunklid

I'm don't have much of a database of these cars like you do, but I think I got it now.

124677N201823 was built date 04A has pictured type 1
124677N204048 was built date 04A has pictured type 2 << very original car
124677N2076-- was built date 04B has pictured type 2
124677N236170 was built date 05A has pictured type 3 <<< same lid as Gary's

Sorry for the side conversation on your thread GaryB.

Chris

Chris Many

"If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can !"

Avid home restorer of classic cars.

Posts: 155 | Location: Highgate Falls, Vermont | Registered: 04 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Great to see you are making progress with your car again. Its looking amazing, keep up the good work.

Posts: 2766 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post