Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Bodywork..The love-hate relationship
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bodywork..The love-hate relationship
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm...Maybe JC Whitney guards?

Posts: 540 | Location: Southeast Ohio | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Maybe I have the measuring points wrong Tom D? Where are you coming up with the 3.5? Big Grin

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Tom I think Tom is refering to vertical measurment. In his pitures notice how low they are, almost so they're on the underside, as low or lower than the license bracket holes.

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Ok. I'll check something tonight

coincidentally my incorrect location measurement is 3.5! figures right Roll Eyes

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I'd like to nominate myself for dopey member of the month... and the one guy that can't take two pieces of a puzzle and fit them together Roll Eyes what an as s...sorry guys

I suppose its still intriguing what the holes ARE for

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Anyone looking for some GREAT bumper guard cores for rechroming... all four front and rear?

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Awww come on Tommy, we've all done it. Sometimes we looks so closely at something we "can't see the forest for the trees." That's why we have that saying. Wink

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike!
Great diagram. Tom you really had me going there for a minute. I hoped my pictures would have been worth a 1000 words for you. No worries! You finally got it. Wink It still leaves the big mystery of why those holes are there. It is probably for a tow bar and extra bolt on strength to hold it on.

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry C Weaver>
posted
Way to go Dopey! Cheers You sure are a fart smeller !!!! Big Grin

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tom, maybe someone had one of those wide British licence plates on the front. You know the ones about 4-5" tall and 16" long. You never know what some people did over that long period of time since 1967. Could even be some crazy front spoiler thing.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
or fog lights

Posts: 274 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Parr:
Tom, maybe someone had one of those wide British licence plates on the front. You know the ones about 4-5" tall and 16" long. You never know what some people did over that long period of time since 1967. Could even be some crazy front spoiler thing.

David in 67 the British plates looked like this. Big Grin My guess is that it was for fog lights if it was a race car.

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Weave Frowner Why do you call me a fart smeller? Why do you hurt me with your words roll

<Larry C Weaver>
posted
I know you'd do the same for me Tommy!!!! Cheers

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
bump

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom McGinnity,