Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Bodywork..The love-hate relationship
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bodywork..The love-hate relationship
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Smiler

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tom, car looks great, really nice work.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I am kinda blown away at how large those flag poles are Spin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I thought at the beginning they were exact.. Roll Eyes they deviate from the mounting now but I'm assuming they are the correct height... If not I have a hack saw

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Creeping along with small front end parts

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The valance is original... the question is: Did the car have front bumper guards? I doubt it had rears and the TT is not coded for them

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Backside..
My experience tells me these holes are factory punched not drilled.. the age of it all tells me in 1977 when the car was painted and fender flared they painted right over these dents.. obviously the car was bumped in the front...BEFORE the repaint

Those lower grill rivets are not correct. I guess the grill was out for some reason..maybe to paint cuz the valance and header and flat grill are all original ( white..blue stripe remnants etc)

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I wish we had some numbers on how many cars are documented that came with just front Bumper Guards!

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The car has been testing me to the breaking point with the fluids.. Its such an incredible story of bad luck and bad karma that I'm back burnering the driveline issues til the nose is on.. Taking the car to repaint the doors.. I just couldn't live with them so I took them back apart and am going to reshoot the outsides (long story..yes I have issues Roll Eyes )

The car runs awesome and is in fact looking good. Making the garage a body shop again for the nose.. should be hitting it hard the next three weeks... a welcomed change from mechanical at this point

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Out in the light loading up yesterday for the trip back up to work..
Good shot of that gorgeous Gardner Exhaust

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
An overall

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
A far cry for a few years ago Big Grin

But it actually leaked less then roll

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom,
What are the long bolts for on the front of the subframe horns for?

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
So I can hang an oil absorbant moving blanket under the car as it pusses going down the road roll

Just kidding.. its to tie it down in the trailer.. that Quanta asphalt paint is too delicate to put a strap over Frowner Its just til Carlisle... after that I'm driving this baby without worrying about stuff like that

<Larry C Weaver>
posted
Drive it to Carlisle???Naaaaa,real men drive their cars to Carlisle!!!!!! Big Grin racer hammer

Reply With QuoteReport This Post