Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Bodywork..The love-hate relationship
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bodywork..The love-hate relationship
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Tracks: plus the old Evapor-rust bucket on the floor

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
24 hours later.. back in the day the metal came out even more shiney but the batch is beat. I'll soak these in oil and let in drain a few days.. thats keep em from rusting and lube the seat tracks awesomely

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Thought I'd report in.. basically its gone poorly the last week. The motor runs great but leaks badly.. bad luck, rushing, poor planning and counting on others along with bad luck has been my undoing.. I'll elaborate more but suffice to say It'll need to come back out this fall....did I mention the bad luck part?

If anything could have gone wrong with the power steering it did.. the cooling system is not far behind

Restoring original components to keep the car killer correct is the culprit here.. old oil pans, old timing covers and water necks.. recored original radiator tanks.. bla bla.. have all come back to haunt me

The suck part is that the engine runs like a dream

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Nothing like an NOS GM steering box with a missing o-ring seal to really F-up the subframe paint when it spewed like a volcano... anyone see an O-ring? NO? Because there isn't one Mad

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
On the plus side.. all other aspects are in fact going along

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Don't let anyone tell you the power steering pump valves are all the same... they ain't Roll Eyes
If you need to replace the threaded fitting..replace the valve as well!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom McGinnity,

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about the troubles that you had Tom!
She is still a great shot in the arm, just as David's wall hanger is!

Man I wish all our asses lived closer together! Smiler

Wouldn't that be a sight!

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tom your a total machine. When do you sleep? As with anything mechanical if something can go wrong it will. It still looks like you will make Carlisle with the car anyway. You have completed more than most people in half the time so if you need to redo some of it later , I am sure you will still be way in front. Keep up the good work mate us flag Cheers

Posts: 2766 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Geoff..the only place left to find time is blowing off sleep hammer

I stemmed the power steering issues by stealing the box from the O-1 car Roll Eyes

The oil leaks are healing pretty well. The coolant leaks are all but gone.. I think the H2O pumps back cover may be weeping slightly.

The good news.. I had to bleed the air from the power steering so I sucked it up and drove her down the street and back ( In the dark with my neighbor blocking any traffic ( no nose on the car means no lights in front Wink)

The rest of the car is a dream boat.. the original shocks in the rear make for a super spongy super smooth ride roll Those are out of here after Carlisle!

Shifts, stops bla bla bla.. I'm pleased at this point.. gonna take a break and send her to the convertible top guy.. then bash away at the nose bodywork...

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
After being up on jack stands so long, once she hit the ground I swear it got smaller than most Camaros... confused

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
All truned around and behaving itself racer

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Man I wish all our asses lived closer together!

T !!! Thats why God invented Carlilse Cheers

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Talk about "Back to the Future", those twin lightning rods make it look like you have this powered like the professesors DeLorean searching for a bolt of lightning. Car is REALLY Looking Great. Looks a lot better than a "driver grade" car which you first described to be building. Wink Big Grin Cheers

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
T !!! Thats why God invented Carlilse

Cheers Very true!

But I was also thinking about a fleet of Pacers actually hitting the road for a cruise! I don't that will ever happen at Carlisle!

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry C Weaver>
posted
Tom does sorta look like Dr Emmett Brown! Big Grin Ya know,kinda whackie, not to stable look about him!!! Cheers

Reply With QuoteReport This Post