Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Progress pics of my Black-nosed BlueTopper
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Progress pics of my Black-nosed BlueTopper
 Login/Join

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Nice work Chris!!!

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
Here's the subframe all ready to be reattached. The only thing keeping me from putting the engine in, is I am missing the correct Muncie 4-spd. The one Rick found didn't come with the car.....

Chris Many

"If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can !"

Avid home restorer of classic cars.

Posts: 155 | Location: Highgate Falls, Vermont | Registered: 04 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
excellent

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
One more pic showing steering linkage detail. Here's what I did to the parts, please chime in if you think I did something wrong. thanks Chris

1) All new hardware from AMK
2) Steering Gear Box: rebuilt, painted Eastwood cast gray over epoxy primer. cap bolts black zinc paint. adjuster nuts (small&large) polished and coated with Rust Preventative Magic (RPM). Steering to column / input shaft polished to bare metal and coated with RPM.
3) Center link: polished to bare metal, treated with gun bluing paste, coated with RPM.
4)Tie Rods are new, just coated with RPM to preserve the look.
5) TieRod sleeves: soaked in phosphoric acid from Lowes, which leaves gray phosphate coating. protected with RPM.
6)Idler arm: frame side polished to bare metal & coated with RPM. pivot side detail gray paint over epoxy primer.

Posts: 155 | Location: Highgate Falls, Vermont | Registered: 04 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Chris,

No inspection marks?

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
never found any. I would gladly put them on since I am kind of geeky about those things. If there was a definitive guide on what markings I should have I would put them on.

Quanta makes a kit:
http://www.gastanks.com/1967-C...t/productinfo/01-14/

but postings by JohnZ on camaros.org leads me to believe that there weren't many markings. What do you guys think?

Chris Many

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Sorry for taking so long to reply to you. I have looked over a lot of survivor cars and I have photos of inspection/id marks. Let me play with my scanner and I will try to post some here.

The Quanta kit is not needed. The frame date was done with what looks to be a large date stamper, which Tom McGinnity and I both own one.

The paint colors for id and inspection marks are available on the Quanta website. Based on what your car needs you can select the correct colors. I'll try to help out wherever I can.

Mike Rossi

Racing
posted Hide Post
That would be gratefully appreciated if you were to do that.
thanks
Chris

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Sorry to interrupt this topic but does anyone know who makes the best non-ac firewall pad ? Thanks, Ed

Posts: 443 | Location: Whitehall, Pa | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
Bob Harris at Camaro Specialties seems to make the best one. That's where I go mine.

Call to order
http://camaros.com/

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Is that the molded kind ?

Posts: 443 | Location: Whitehall, Pa | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
It's not really molded. It looks like it is stamped out, but has a coating on it that makes it look like the original pad. What I've done in the past is patched my old one and coated it with rubberized undercoating and then clear coat when it dries to replicate the original look.

Chris Many

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Chris working on it. My scanner is older and wont work with my newer computer. I am trying to figure something out. Tom did you scan my photos with inspection/id marks?

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I have some scattered in my mess

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
My newer computer is different and they need to be resized.. I'll do it as time allows once I figure out how