Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Progress pics of my Black-nosed BlueTopper
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Progress pics of my Black-nosed BlueTopper
 Login/Join

Racing
posted Hide Post
more pinstripe details. Dimensions came from the 67 AIM.

Chris Many

"If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can !"

Avid home restorer of classic cars.

Posts: 155 | Location: Highgate Falls, Vermont | Registered: 04 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
even more pinstripe details. For paint I used the same single stage 2K urethane I used to paint the nose stripe. I applied it with a pinstripe brush. It came out pretty good.

Chris Many

Posts: 155 | Location: Highgate Falls, Vermont | Registered: 04 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
UG radiator with repo tag.

Chris Many

Racing
posted Hide Post
Palmetto Enterprises Medium Gray phosphate for the hood latch components.

Chris Many

Racing
posted Hide Post
I took Tom's advice on an older post to use twice the recommended concentration. The parts came out great.

Chris Many

Racing
posted Hide Post
Going back in time a little bit. Here's the engine on installation day.

Chris Many

Racing
posted Hide Post
And here it is going in. I actually did this by myself,,,,

Chris Many

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Very nice work!!!

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Great work! Keep us posted please on the progress.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Dude you are killing it.. makes me wish I had the time to get at mine! NICE! BTW I boiled up my own phosphate about 11 years ago for my other Pacer and its still rocks solid ( zero rust ). I'm definitely doing my own phosphate next time as well

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
Hello All, progress is still being made on my Blue Topper. The rear end is in and its on all 4 wheels for the first time in years. I am waiting for the console to come in from the chrome platers so that I can start it for the first time.

Big Question: Should I put Pace Car decals on it? I know this is a touchy subject as the car is not one, but I am interested in what actual owners have to say on the matter.
-chris

Racing
posted Hide Post

The wheels are from a 68 w/drum brakes.

Racing
posted Hide Post
restored carb. The best I could do is a D7 date code. my car was built on the 3rd week of June.

Racing
posted Hide Post
Put a lid on it....'

Racing
posted Hide Post

QK rear end with a 06 15 date code. 1st day of 3rd week of June. has 3:55 gears inside.

How's that for a lucky find? It was a very expensive rear end. I got it from Bob Harris.