Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Progress pics of my Black-nosed BlueTopper
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Progress pics of my Black-nosed BlueTopper
 Login/Join

Racing
posted Hide Post
Another view. Notice I left the NHRA sticker on the vent window. It was put there when the car was a drag car. Thought I would leave it on as a reminder of the car's history.....

Chris Many

"If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can !"

Avid home restorer of classic cars.

Posts: 155 | Location: Highgate Falls, Vermont | Registered: 04 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
A final shot showing the rear window. It was quite the nightmare getting it installed without wrinkles in the plastic.

Chris Many

Posts: 155 | Location: Highgate Falls, Vermont | Registered: 04 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
Here is the well liner. I had some interior vinyl material sewn onto it before installing it. The pictures are out of sequence. The well liner is the first part to be installed before the rear window.

Chris Many

Racing
posted Hide Post
Once the top was installed and the side glass was in, I started to install the interior. That way the interior holds onto the new car smell longer and stays clean.

Racing
posted Hide Post
Not much left to finish the interior. I am waiting for my rear seatbelts to come in to install the rear seats. The console still needs to be redone and there are a few interior odds and ends that need taking care of.

I was able to get my hands on a properly dated Muncie 4-spd, which I have since rebuilt. I expect to have the engine installed within the next few weeks.

Racing
posted Hide Post
The carpets are ACC made with the correct dark blue trim. The rest of the interior trim is from Al Knoch. The lower carpet sections on the door panels came from ACC, which also have the correct dark blue trim. I sent the carpet panels off to Al Knoch to install them on the door panels for me. The dash pad is a Al Knoch repo made with the same vinyl color as Charlie Maule's car.

The N30 steering wheel was originally gold and it came from an Impala. I painted it with the same dye formula as Tom used for his interior.

The window crank handles are new repos, which are pretty nice. I located a set of blue knobs on ebay, which also came from an Impala. There is an NCRS newsletter out there that explains how to put new knobs on handles. It seems to work, but had to use short rivets then specified.

The front seat belts are really nice used ones I got off ebay. I got lucky with that one.

that's all for now. -Chris

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Absolutely awesome and thanks for the descriptions of different work your doing! The old owner is gonna have a heart attack when he sees this car

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Which ACC carpet did you use the 16 13 blue? I know that Trim Parts apparently does not sell carpeting anymore. The Trim Parts 512 and the ACC 16 13 blue are VERY close.

The car is looking GREAT!!! Very nice work.

I still owe you photos of inspection marks. Maybe we can go back and forth via text message? If so let me know and I will PM you my info/number.

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
The carpet is indeed 1613. They sent me samples first. It actually fit very nice. I usually have trouble around the hump with repo carpets, but the Camaro ones are molded correctly.

I will take you up on your offer about markings, but will wait until the car is driving and I can put it on a lift to apply them. Should be late summer.

Chris Many

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Just let me know when you are ready.

Mike

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Chris; LOOKING GOOD! Thanks for posting the progress!

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
More quarantine progress:

I installed the big orange thing under the hood...

I was able to get my hands on an original re-cored UG coded radiator. Not cheap.

I have a new Gardner exhaust system ready to be installed as soon as the rear end comes in.

The only thing missing under the hood is the correct carb, also on its way.

Chris Many

Racing
posted Hide Post
The nose is complete, I still have to test the RS headlights. The RH motor was good when I bought it, but I needed a rebuilt one from Dave Parr. And yes, testing will be done with the motor arm loose as to not burn out the motor when something goes wrong....

Chris Many

Racing
posted Hide Post
I painted on the pinstripes a couple days ago. I used the same pinstripe stencil (F-6) as Charlie and Tom. The picture doesn't look very good when you shrink it down small enough to upload.

Is it blasphemy to want to put the pace car decals on it if it really isn't a replica?

Chris Many

Racing
posted Hide Post
pinstripe details

Chris Many