Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Drivers Side Outer Mirror
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drivers Side Outer Mirror
 Login/Join

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted
So we know originally our cars did not have the bowtie on the outer mirror.

My research has me believeing there were two suppliers of these mirrors. Both with Part # 3874242 cast into the mounting arm. Some or all also having CBC cast into the mounting arm meaning Chevrolet Bay City (Whats this all about??)

Additionally the actual mirror glass had a date and supplier codes etched into the mirrors.

Codes I belive could be for example B - AX - 7 or B - DMI - 7.

Being B = February AX = Ajax Corporation 7 = 1967

or B = February DMI = Donnelly Mirror Incorporated 7 = 1967

Around 2002 when I picked up a whole heap of spares from the guy who owned my car from 1985 I got a mirror which I am sure had A - DMI - 7 etched into the glass. Back then I assumed it was the incorrect mirror due to no bowtie.I may still have all of these bits stashed somewhere but from memory the glass was broken in transit.

Does anyone know if the two different suppliers were East coast verses West Coast?

Also anyone know know what our cars should have?

Posts: 2769 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
I have an NOS unit in storage for our car I will have a look later and see what I have. Good topic for discussion.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I have lots of mirror info too. need to dig it out.. super busy lately. I love the casting of the bowtie inside the mirror but doesn't show outside..

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
This older picture shows the bowtie inside the mold.. The bowtie IS NOT cast into the outside of the mirror!!!

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
bump