Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Nose Stripe dimensions?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nose Stripe dimensions?
 Login/Join

Racing
posted
Hey Guys,

I've searched, and I've searched, and I've looked at a zillion pictures on the net for a correct nose stripe placement for the SS stripe.

I think I have it figured out regarding the setback from the front of the nose (3/4"), then 1/8" stripes, then a 3-3/4" wide stripe, followed by two more 1/8" wide stripes.

Then to "angle" the strip up above the bumper line and not paint it down to the lower fender seam.

What I'm struggling with is the WIDTH of the gap for the SS emblems on the sides - I THINK it should be 2 1/8" tall?

AND - how far DOWN from the top of the fender (or I guess how far UP from the lower fender seam) to leave this gap for the SS emblems?

My emblem holes are not drilled yet so I have no point of reference. And the AIM manual is very hard to decipher for these dimensions...

Anybody have a "correct" stripe they could take a few measurements for me??

Thanks!

Posts: 129 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Will help? It is from a thread here.
camaropacecars.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1590019733/m/5211072536/p/12

Posts: 2067 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...Tom, that thread simply discusses paint codes, but I don't see any references to the stripe dimensions?

Posts: 129 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Buy the kit from Stencils and Stripes.. Its really good and I've used it like 4 times

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Look on pages 12 and 13 of that thread.

Posts: 2067 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
Tom D - I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong, but when I cut and paste the link you gave into my browser, all that comes up is a SINGLE page thread that discusses the paint codes, and no measurements? There's no page 2 (and definitely no page 12....) weird...

Tom M - I probably won't have time to get the Stencils and Stripes kit delivered in time up here in Canada - car went in for repaint yesterday (long story) so I'm trying to give my painter the best dimensions do he can free hand tape the stripe...

Racing
posted Hide Post
Fresh from the paint shop. Looks good from 20 feet but not up to my standards so back it goes...

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Well, I am probably too late, but try this link. So or for the confusion. nose stripe thread

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Where did you get your stinger hood from?

Racing
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom for the new link. Yes, this is a good link, and I had used a couple of the pictures from it to show my painter. His comment (and I agree) is that the front/back and stripe width details are very good, but the "elevation" and width of the SS emblem gap is lacking. I have no emblem holes for reference as my emblems aren't drilled yet. And therein lies my struggle....I can't find this anywhere. I've marked up this photo to hopefully clarify..

Racing
posted Hide Post
Oh - and the stinger hood was purchased from a company called American Sports Car Design, but that was back in 2003. They were located in Maryville, TN at the time. Part number was S900 ($409 USD - I have a copy of the original receipt...). I see they still have a website but are now in Florida, and I don't see this hood listed there anymore?

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
I understand now. Maybe someone here can help with making a template for you along with some measurements. I wished I could help you out in that area.

On your stinger hood does the front of your have an opening? Or is it closed? It looks really good. Thanks for the info on it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom D,

Racing
posted Hide Post
Tom, the front opening is closed. I believe GM experimented with opening it up on the 67 big block vettes but it failed their water ingress tests miserably. So it is open at the rear by the cowl just like the cowl induction hoods.

Does ANYBODY have access to their pace cars for me? I'm still looking for the above measurements (marked in red arrows) as my camaro is going back for a repaint and the stripe to be corrected. I have about a week deadline to sort this out.....ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Hi 67smoke,
Here is a picture of the 67 stripe dimensions front the 67 assembly manual. I know this not whst you are looking for, but I thought I would post it anyway.
I could give you measurements from my SS, but it doesn't have a stripe.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Here is a pic of the SS emblem from my front end. I can get measurements if you want me to.