Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Nose Stripe dimensions?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nose Stripe dimensions?
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67MOKE1:

What I'm struggling with is the WIDTH of the gap for the SS emblems on the sides - I THINK it should be 2 1/8" tall?

AND - how far DOWN from the top of the fender (or I guess how far UP from the lower fender seam) to leave this gap for the SS emblems?

For dead reckoning 2 1/8" is (in my opinion) pretty darn close.

On my car we pegged the gap at nominal 2 1/4" and I am very happy with the result. Actual width fluctuates very slightly with the fender curvature.

I think I have the Stencils & Stripes instruction sheet on file, will see if I can find it. If memory serves me correctly I think it specified 2" gap (too close in my opinion, I like more white space). Also will see if I can find some good quality reference photos to post.

Too bad you can't get the stencil-- it is PERFECT for the compound curves & angles where the fender crease transitions horizontal to vertical. It still requires some tweaking but I'm sure glad we used it.

Despite the blueprints, the reality is there was some variation from one car to the next. For example: The original-paint fenders on my RS/SS donor car had 55MM gap on one side, 60MM on the other, such that they LOOKED square on a fender drilled for RS emblems but sporting SS emblems (one upside-down). That's how the General built it...

Hope this helps, let me see what I can dig up in a couple days...

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charlie. That does help - one more piece of the puzzle down. Yes, I wish I could have ordered the stencils and stripes kit but the car goes into the paint shop on Tuesday and I won't be able to get it up here to Canada in time.

I'll go with the 2- 1/8 " height for the SS stripe width spacing.

Any other help in establishing the relative "North / South" elevation of the stripes is greatly appreciated!

Posts: 129 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
bump

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post