Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Tom T restoring Festival Car
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tom T restoring Festival Car
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted
tom and all. we have been restoring a 67 camero convertible. Id #124677N192655 732Z 01. we have been told that this car was a festival car for 67 ?. we acquired it yrs ago and after it sitting for yrs; deceided to restore it. Can anyone tell if in fact it was a festival car ?

350/295hp Powerglide Nor 92755 2MG 3SL 4P 5Y- R N.S. IN - USA T, Tomas Info from Mike Lakin Dec.2012 Martinsville, 46151

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Hello Tom T. Nice to have you aboard.. Some fellows have told me about you but I've been so stupid busy I've not had time to follow through. Roll Eyes Thanks a bunch for coming! Cheers

I posted the info we have on you above.. One of our valued Registry keepers Mike Lakin furnished your info a while back but we had no follow through as is often the case with everyone so busy

We would LOVE to see pictures of the car, the trim tag and the VIN tag. At that popint we can all but confirm it as a Festival car.

Would love to know what paperwork you may have. wether or not the car is numbers matching, and what history you have with regards to previous owners!

We would like to know if you know the cars assigmnet number as well.

We have a medallion program you should look into. I bet I already have the Medallion made for your car . I bet Mike L would like to visit you and help you complete the papers.. maybe Wink

Looking forward to seeing and reading what you have to say first

Tom McGinnity

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tom ,

Welcome hello

I look forward to seeing the pics and also assisting you.

Please also tell us the story behind your car first

Any pics good or bad are great Cheers

Posts: 2766 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<tom25252>
posted
sorry no paper work on car. It was acquired in the 70s along with another convertible from a biz associate from central Ind. We had a heavy equipment shop for yrs and I collected convertibles. the 350 engine was bad so we farmed the replacement out and the orginial was replaced with a fresh 350 and the car restored. We did not discover that we had a special car until a fellow dealer showed a lot of interest and attempted to buy it for yrs. I knew he was interested in higher dollar classics and after many refusals he told me the car was a festival car. We started restoration for the second time in 2010 and deceided to run down the facts and started to look for the orginial engine. No luck so far. Can send pics via cell number. cant load here. what do we need to do to obtain the medillions you mentioned tom ? We lost Lakin contact number. Thanks Tom Tackett

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<tom25252>
posted
what process do we need to do to be involved in the forum; both registration of the car and involvement in the discussions ?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Checking in finally. Was trying to access the nooks and crannies of my brain to try and remember where I put the pictures.

When that didn't work I started searching the nooks and crannies of my picture files, success!!!

Tom I have some of your cars information, obviously we didn't dig into casting/date codes of the various components. So technically you're "registered." Just keep in mind we don't "certify" cars here. Tom McGinnity is the keeper of the medallions and also can PM you the owners board information. Looks like you found the site so you can join in the fun!

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
interior

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
VIN

Mike L.

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
TT

Mike L.

Supporter 2009
Racing
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom, Welcome I would say you have a festival car SmilerGood luck with the restoration it looks to be a good car to start with.

Posts: 129 | Location: Brockton, MA | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
192655 I did in fact speculatively make a medallion and have it with me now. I'll link you to the page soon Big Grin

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Link to the medallion page

email me at tom@camaropacecars.com and I'll get you what you need...

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tom ,

Thanks for sharing the information with us. It would be great for you if you can chase down any more information on the car from the people you got it from and also would be great to find the original motor.

Have you looked for decals or residue on the back on the inner rear view mirror?

Are the pics after the most recent restoration or before?

Did you know the festival cars were fitted with the Impala Steering wheel?

Posts: 2766 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
FANTASTIC!!! Another car found... You should clean the cowl tag up a bit with some paint thinner or steel wool. Pay special attention to the rivet area that secures the tag to the body to preserve the material used fill in the rivets. Love to see more pictures of your car. Glad to hear that you held onto it and are trying to put it back to it’s original glory Smiler

Posts: 1416 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Agreed