Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Spark Plug Heat Shields
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spark Plug Heat Shields
 Login/Join

<His 67PC>
posted
I am in the process of getting rid of parts I don't need. I have been collecting 67 Camaro parts over 30 years and need to let things go that I may never use. I want get rid of some spark plug heat shields I restored in the eighties, but I am unsure what I actually need to keep. I have two styles and can't find definitive info on what is correct for a small block IPC.

Attached are pictures of the two styles. The difference is a circular cutout in the outer edge. The pieces I have are with and without.

Info to help identify which type belongs on a 67 small block is appreciated.

Keith C.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<His 67PC>
posted
Second style

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
My original blue car has the cut out at the left front position. I'll check the others tonight

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
all original except plug wires.. Nov 1966 LA built 327 375 hp

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<His 67PC>
posted
Thanks much Tom! I have seen two examples of original 67 car with the scalloped heat shields and both are LA cars. Not likely Norwood cars are any different since Flint engines were provided to both plants. It would be interesting to know the difference between applications for the two types.

Keith C.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I don't know if the engines shipped from Flint with them on? or if they were installed at the factory to be honest with you

<His 67PC>
posted
Tom, you are right. They are shown in the assembly manual. So there could have been different suppliers for the two plants. Anyone have a Norwood car with a small block that is fairly certain about the heat shield lineage? Which style are they?

Keith C.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I will look for a survivor NOR car

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Found two from LA.. cut outs..

This Z was supposed to be a survivor from carlisle years ago.. doubt it but it has cut outs too

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
NOR 327

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
bump