Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Charley Maule...Newest member
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charley Maule...Newest member
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
BEFORE picture---

Expecting LOTS of updates this weekend... Frame is supposed to be on the car and installing wiring/electric (though not seen it yet)... Also got a bunch of carpet samples in last week's mail and hoping to update the carpet color analysis...

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
One technical note, I don't believe that the top plate and carb body were originally yellow-zinc coated, only the linkage pieces and throttle blades. Don't remember where I read it and can't seem to find it though.

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Nice to have you back at it Charley! I love this thread to death. Its slow in the summer more so than usual so its great to see this stuff.. I had a carb done there as well.. excellent work. I see a post from Mike Lakin about the top plates warping but its not showing up here.. weird computer issues I guess.. anyhow. My carb suffered from hard start after sitting but ran great. Larry Klines brother Steve showed me that my power valve was stuck. I had it replaced and things are much better.. my issue now is that the gasket for the top plate weeps and soaks the gasket with fuel while running .. I sent it to my local carb shop twice,, I theorize I need a fluffier gasket to seal the warpage? haven't gotten around to that yet.. carb meters fuel very well.. hate to have to wipe fuel off my beautiful painted intake

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Mike.. I have an NOS baby I can take a picture of.. real NOS not NORS.. or so I think.. I'll try to remember to snap a pic so you can tell me what you think

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry C Weaver>
posted
A fluffier gasket?? Now thats not a term I have had in the parts bizz!lol

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I prefer fluffier to thicker roll

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Tom I deleted it. I could see from the "original" picture that the carb does have some warpage and was concerned it might not be good for a rebuild, then I realized he'd already gotten it back from the rebuild, so obviously it was good enough. Mine was so bad the power valve kept getting jammed up.

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
There is one on ebay right now, box and all. For $1800 it can be yours and they'll ship it for free!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-N...em4167d21450&vxp=mtr

Mike L.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Here is my NOS 202 with C-7 date.. new carb no recoloring. There are carb super experts out there that can tell if this is correct. I think so. I suspect coloring is spot on for obvious reasons

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Here is my C-1 with weepy gasket after 10 mile drive

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
It seems like there is a lot of color variation in the several pictures above?? I do not profess to be an expert, but the "before" picture seems to indicate a yellowish coloring of carb body under all the dirt... i have some more pictures but most show a similar story though from different angles?

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
exactly.. this is what makes the hobby fun and frustrating at the same time.. of course if it were easy then everybody would be doing it Wink

I think like any mass production the parts were made and colored but many other parts like plates, screws and clips came from vendors in bulk to the plant where the carbs were made and varied in plating syle, color and grade

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere that some of the "rochesters" were actually manufactured by Carter, might be a difference there. Wish I could find/remember where I read they weren't colored. Funny your NOS has silver throttle blades, interesting.

I did notice that there are torx/star fasteners on the ebay NOS carb, seems suspect to me.

Tom kind of makes me wonder if the float level is a little high on that carb.

Mike L.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
How would one go about lowering the level Mike? I'm ok with Holleys but these Quads I'm shakey on

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom McGinnity:
How would one go about lowering the level Mike? I'm ok with Holleys but these Quads I'm shakey on

Check out this web page, it goes through a lot of specifics of the Rochester carbs. It mentions the problem of a warped top and a way to repair it.

Posts: 1017 | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post