Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Charley Maule...Newest member
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charley Maule...Newest member
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Hello out there !

PROGRESS !! It's wonderful... LOTS OF THINGS are finally starting to come together !

This post (while brief) will be followed shortly by additional updates.

Commemorated in the link below... is another GIANT LEAP for mankind (captured on video Nov. 26).
You can bet this led up to a VERY happy Thanksgiving!

I have humbly entitled the following video "LET THERE BE LIGHT".
Reasons will probably be obvious, though the title has been used before.

===> PLEASE SEE: Unlisted video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/wdODp-ySD7k

MORE TO FOLLOW SHORTLY (but 2:00 AM out here now)...

HAPPY MOTORING!!

------------------------------

update 9/15/2020: Adding still photos

------------------------------

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Fantastic.. Its always a thrill to get those suckers working !

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Very nice progress

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Very nice!!!

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Breaking radio silence (Can't take it any longer)...

COMING SOON! to a carburetor near you (well; maybe nearer to me than to you)...

MORE COMING... I am in-process of curating photos & videos. In recent weeks; I've been diligently doing my part to stimulate the economy (at least the auto parts segment). Thankfully a long weekend is coming up; so stay tuned! Some high points, a few minor setbacks; but overall LOTS of forward progress.

CREDITS: I am humbly indebted to Jedi C.A.R.T. Master Mike Rossi, for ad-hoc consultation on the air cleaner and a number of other miscellaneous details. X-ref link: https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...733/m/9303935497/p/3

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
excellent roll

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Engine compartment w/air cleaner in place...

The crankcase breather is a cheapo aftermarket version. I was inexplicably touchy about leaving behind the NOS part from previous photo. From a couple feet away though it looks pretty good (IMO).

Up to this week; previously had the chrome-top AC with valve cover elbow that most everybody uses. Mike R. pointed out to me that the correct L-35 setup is shown on pg L-35/A8 of the A.I.M. The elbow setup is correct for L-78 (per pg. L-78/A5). So, my buddy John will repurpose the AC into his L-78 resto.

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Also new is the avatar photo!

Came across a bunch of old photos not too long ago. This is the kid who tried to hack A/C into the L-78 coupe body (no motor) he's sitting on! Photo approx. Feb. '79.

My buddy John is now in process of reversing the 'upgrades'...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
But WAIT !! ...There's MORE !! (at the risk of piling-on)

This is from an article in "Camaro Enthusiast" magazine (Jan-Feb. 1995), where they did photo details on a 9,000 mile, original-owner, L35 car.

Thanks again to MIKE for reminding me about some of this stuff!

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
FINALLY... VIDEO link/post (long delayed...)

Jan. 16, 2020... THE BEAST LIVES !

===>> Unlisted YouTube video link: https://youtu.be/QFtmSWT9maU

More to come. But been working on video for hours, and it's 3:45am PHX time. That will have to do for now...

BEST REGARDS ALL... Charley

-----------------------

Edit 10/23/2020: Adding still photo...

John & Opie under the hood making things happen!

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Great stuff to see after a long weekend.. what a car!

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Making great progress there Charley...it's only a matter of time before you drive it!!!

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
LONG DELAYED UPDATES... and making-up for lost time here, as well...

As noted above; I've been doing my best in recent weeks to help jump-start the economy. Some recent additions include (series)...

Hood insulation & retainers (installation still pending):

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Complete set of glovebox manuals; instructions, etc. (Heartbeat City)...

Don't know how I managed to survive this long without my very own A.I.M. ...But it helps ALOT to know a lot of GREAT GUYS who have it memorized

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Window fuzzies/weatherstrip have been in place for a few months, don't think I've posted before...