Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Charley Maule...Newest member
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charley Maule...Newest member
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z11Weaver:
Is Al Knock making a complete correct kit for these bright blue interior cars now? I would like to purchase the front and rear door panels, carpet, and dash to start.

What color did you use to re-dye your kick panels?

Thanks, Tom Weaver

Hi Tom. Thanks for the compliments and again, sorry about delayed response. My interior was not a kit, it was an a-la-carte order which included some catalog parts, some unlisted (non-catalog) parts, and some custom. I had commented earlier about posting more details on this-- I need to get on the stick and do it. As Mike Rossi noted in his post 4/3/14...life gets in the way.

For now-- addressing the items you mentioned above-- hope this helps--

* The door panels are the AK catalog bright blue DLX panels, but with custom door bottom carpet (provided by myself) & welting (AK inventory-special).
* My carpet is Trim Parts #512 Sky Blue 80/20 loop ('67 Camaro kit). John, my resto guy, coincidentally had this on hand already.
* I purchased 1 yard of sheet goods #512 carpet from Trim Parts, which I delivered to Knoch. AK made 5 sets of door bottoms from this. (It is possible AK may now offer an equivalent?)
* AK has my order info. on file with the carpet vinyl specs. (According to Mike Rossi: The correct vinyl for the door panel carpet welting ended up being '69 Camaro dark blue 32 ounce vinyl.)
* Dash pad is remanufactured using my original core. The part# on my invoice comes up as Turquoise on their website(??)-- but invoice is also noted "USE 71-72 BLUE ABS".
* The rear panels caused a lot of confusion. AK refers to the 3-piece assembly as "quarter panels". These are not listed in their catalog or on the website. But upon inquiry (w/pictures) they confirmed they could provide these, refurbishing my original cores. The end product included separate armrest and well cover sheetmetal (reupholstered cores), along with new side panels (the flat panel covering window regulator). 6 pieces total for left & right sides. We never really got on the same page with the terminology... eventually they said 'Trust us, we know what you want'... and in the end, all was good.

Sorry I can't help much with the kick panels. I am fortunate enough to have pristine, non-weathered, 732-Z Blue OEM kicks cannabalized from my hardtop. These replaced the convertible originals many years ago (mangled from speaker hole surgery). Not too long ago I traded the hardtop to John and he now is restoring it for himself. When he re-does the kicks I can see how they turn out and pass along some feedback?

PHOTO: From our factory tour-- Here is a black dash pad right out of the mold-- still warm to the touch...

---------------------------

EDIT 10/24/2020: Adding Link to INTERIOR DETAILS (separate thread Apr. 2020):

https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...0094833/m/8073990497

----------------------------

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charley Maule:
quote:
Originally posted by Goran L:
Hi Charley, your car looks great and it´s a very impressive work you are doing.
I would be interested in buying a pair of your door bottom carpets if its possible for you to ship them to Sweden.

Regards
Goran

Hi Goran, sorry about late response. Send me a PM with your shipping information and I'll see if I can get you a price. CM

Hi Charley, PM sent.

Posts: 7 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 06 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charley for the info. I totally understand. I moved over the summer and have been remodeling the new house. Totally understand. The cars are all in storage until summer.

Posts: 1416 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
UPDATE........

Coming around turn #4... approaching the final straightaway...

The Al Knoch interior is in...

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
another view...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Dash also mostly assembled too. Really starting to look like a Pace Car...

The colors look dead nuts-on in my opinion.

I am told that a well-known Camaro expert recently saw the work in progress (not dropping any names)... i am told he really liked the interior. Wish I could have been there... maybe next time?

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
You gotta believe this felt great...

STAY TUNED!

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
That's the place to be! Smiler

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<don961>
posted
Looking great!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Charlie , great pic of you in the car....

Interior looks fantastic too , great work. Cheers

Posts: 2766 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Look what just came in at my friendly local tire store...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
#2 of 2...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
And now all mounted on DG Rally wheels & balanced... ready to put on the car!

Getting kinda tired of all those photos with the car sitting on grungy shop rollers...

Things are coming together... more to follow soon!!!

Charley

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
looks great.. ! Smiler

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Which vendor did you use for your Redlines?
Coker?

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post