Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Charley Maule...Newest member
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charley Maule...Newest member
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom. Yep-- Coker repro, Firestone D-70-14 Wide Oval redlines...

Posts: 668 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goran L:
quote:
Originally posted by Charley Maule:
quote:
Originally posted by Goran L:
Hi Charley, your car looks great and it´s a very impressive work you are doing.
I would be interested in buying a pair of your door bottom carpets if its possible for you to ship them to Sweden.

Regards
Goran

Hi Goran, sorry about late response. Send me a PM with your shipping information and I'll see if I can get you a price. CM

Hi Charley, PM sent.

Hello Charley.
I have set you a PM regarding door panel carpets, I dont know if you got it?
You can reach me on my mail goran @ 67pacecar.com (remove the space between n,@,6)

Regards
Goran

Posts: 7 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 06 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Hi Goran;
Sorry for the delay... Replied to PM;
Charley

Posts: 668 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
Hi Charley, I replied to PM and sent you a PayPal payment.
Goran

Posts: 7 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 06 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
PM sent with more info/details. Hope you enjoy...

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Bumping this up

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
I've finally mounted the carpets on the door panels, great improvement. Thank you very much Charley for letting me buy a set.

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
HELLO OUT THERE IN CAMARO LAND...

Thought I would send up a flare; to signal I am still alive & well out here in sunny Phoenix!

Have had ALOT of stuff going on since last active (Some good, some not so much so), though sadly none of it involving my car. Last post 15 July 2017 ???? O !! M !! G !! Glad this thread is still here and topic still open (THANKS TOM !).

Project on hold WAY TOO LONG for reasons that are outside scope of this forum. I've been wanting to post some interim updates, but it seemed rather pointless... Pictures from last fall & winter, pretty much the same as pictures from late 2016- early 2017 (AAARRRGGGHH)...

THE GOOD NEWS...
We're getting the fire stoked back up again! I expect things will start coming together pretty quickly over the next several months. I'll be posting some PROGRESS (yes!) pictures over the next couple days & weeks. The first wave will be mostly components recently acquired and/or reconditioned. BUT... Some of these being critical-path (P/M-speak) toward continuation of assembly, and ultimately completion.

Charley

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Following is a small appetizer, meanwhile I pull together a more comprehensive update...

Recently, John sicced me on SEATBELT COVERS (to keep me out of his hair I think- LOL). I was surprised and ECSTATIC to find these are now available in several colors including blue! (Long as I can remember, they were only available in black).

(Sidebar: Though I have seen several cars pictured with standard seatbelts, I know the deluxe belts are more much more prevalent. Could this be one of those LOS vs Norwood variations?)

I've also noticed that (where still present) the originals seem always to show severe discoloration. Not unlike the door handle cups...

The montage below shows 1) new pieces fresh out-of-box; 2) sun-bleached original, and 3) overlay with NEW repops.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
HELP REQUEST...

Two work streams currently active are; 1) Steering wheel repair, and 2) Cleaning Seatbelts.

Using the search tool; I found the following discussion threads:

* Seatbelt cleaning

* Steering wheel repair

If any additions or other suggestions, techniques (etc.) please chime in!!

THANKS... Charley

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Charley, if the cowl tag had 5Y then it received delux seat belts.

Posts: 1601 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
David, thanks... I guess I should have articulated that question more precisely. What I meant to ask (or suggest hypothesis): Does frequency of the 5Y (Deluxe seatbelt) option vary between the NOR and LOS Pacer populations?

For what its worth; I would hypothesize YES (Norwood heavier) for two reasons. #1) among the 'urban legends': 'all Pacers had deluxe seatbelts' (since disproved); also #2) purely a guess: dress-up options on 'Festival' cars (all Norwood) likely to include 5Y.

...let the games begin!

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Good stuff here guys!

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Re: 'critical path' comment above... Seatbelt covers** are beautiful (IMHO)... But not of much practical value when standing still!

To help move things along (Pun fully intended) in a more practical fashion:

Fresh from rebuild:
-----------------------;
Alternator #1100693 7-C-22
Starter #1107365 7-C-16
Distributor #1111169 7-C-21 (Jerry MacNeish rebuild)

Shouldn't be long now before we LIGHT 'ER UP!! (keeping fingers crossed...)

** P.S. Blue covers from Ricks/Ecklers (#397922), mfg. by Seatbelt Solutions (#GMSLK4002)

https://www.ecklers.com/camaro...lue-33-397922-1.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Charley, because more pacers were produced in Norwood than Van Nuys, more Norwood pacers had deluxe belts. I'm not sure of the numbers exactly, just going by volume of vehicles produced.

Posts: 1601 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post