Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Charley Maule...Newest member
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charley Maule...Newest member
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
I would be remiss if I did not also recognize the guys who are actually making it happen... Randy (Tech) and John Bauler (Owner, AZ Camaro Restorations); http://www.azcamarorestorations.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
I had to see a side-by-side with the fresh parts and the old stuff. Allowing for 54 years of aging of the OEM parts... and crappy lighting... I think things are looking pretty good...

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
New stuff in recent deliveries...

Sun visor/Mirror boot, and visor tips, from Ricks... The original boot was kinda chewed-up...

The tire sticker leaves a little to be desired. The text is correct but the look & feel differs from original. Still, it's the same available from another vendor(s). Not giving up on this yet... but leaving on a back burner for now...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
396 Dipstick & tube, black air cleaner nut, and French locks; from Corvette Central...

I got the french locks in both plain steel & stainless versions. Probably go with the stainless initially, but swap for the plain steel when show time finally comes...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Also, I guess Paragon had a limited run of new mirrors. I don't know if this is the same as the #1610 mirror Tom posted a couple pages back. The new part# is #14411.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
From here the mirror looks good! Some French locks are stainless, some tin and some bare steel. The black on the exhaust manifold bolts lasts about 5 seconds and then rust begins. That whole area is a tough call because even brand new cars were rusting there before the first owner took it off the lot.. You'll never satisfy everybody at once so do what's best for you. Those two look like body guys to me! Wink

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Blue looks good

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Direct sunlight... giving a much better perspective...

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
That looks real close real good. big effort

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Visit 3/22/21... Interior is coming back together again and looking GOOD (my opinion).

Felt GREAT to see car with a STEERING WHEEL! I think the last time I saw that was in 2013? It also felt really good to see fully assembled dash panel with a GLOVEBOX DOOR... makes the rework all seem worthwhile!

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
New windlace and end caps in place along with reinstalling the seats

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Water outlet painted (finally); and added PVC hose clip...

There's still a list of detail minutiae to finish, replace, or fix... But getting ever shorter.

THE END IS NEAR...

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Excellent detail Charlie! You're gonna love driving this car

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Tom thanks....

A couple new questions have come up...

There are a couple new questions/topics I've been researching, but not finding the answers yet?

(1) Driveshaft markings (396/4-speed):
Found some discussion at [ https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...733/m/871107695/p/51 ] & continued to p. 52. It sounds like these are talking about cars w/automatic trans? Was it ever clarified if the markings for 4-speed are same or different?

*** add-on: please see follow-up below... think I found the answer to this... now asking for sanity check?

(2) Wheelhouse and trunk spray sealer (undercoating?);
Found some previous discussion at: https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...733/m/871107695/p/50
and also at: https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...791094636#1791094636
I get the idea with the rear wheelhouse treatment (i.e. production line variation).

I'm puzzled though by the discussion (& photos) of FRONT wheelhouse spray coating?
Have never seen this (remember I live in ARIZONA)... Is it possible this was dealer-installed undercoating for Eastern and/or cold-weather cars?
*** add-on: Or maybe could this be a Norwood vs. L.A. difference?

Also at [ https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...941035746#1941035746 ] , comment from GaryB talks about discussion in the assembly manual.
I can't find this, does anybody know what he is referring to?

THANKS...

*** add-on: THINK I FOUND THIS ?? pg 11-13 (A-4) ??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Back again already (after couple more hours researching)...

On the driveshaft question: There is a CRG research paper at: http://www.camaros.org/driveshaft.shtml

Table about halfway down the page; appears to indicate NO STRIPES on driveshaft for '67 (also '68) #396/Manual.

It further indicates orange/green/purple stripes on TH400 applications... Which seems to jive with the 2013 posts by Mike Lakin & Tom D at https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...733/m/871107695/p/52 ??

To any & all: Agree/disagree with this conclusion?