Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Charley Maule...Newest member
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charley Maule...Newest member
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
In today from PARAGON... One 2-DMI-7, the other 6-DMI-6...

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Good to know they are still doing that. Thanks Charlie

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
They must use the same mirror glass for other applications (i.e. Corvette). They were a wee bit dodgy when I asked about Camaro application(s). But they confirmed 4.25" diameter, so I took the risk.

We have not yet broken down the housing(s). But from eyeball inspection, looks like it will fit perfectly.

https://www.paragoncorvette.co...ror-glass-dated.aspx

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone...

It hurts a little bit to see this, but helps to know it is for a worthy cause... Interior teardown in progress for new paint...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Work to continue 1W-Jan, hopefully ready to re-shoot by late in the week. Door trim also to come off, then we will mask the snot out of everything else (kicks; etc.)...

TOM: I have been copiously studying your TRUNK MAT series the last few weeks ( https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...733/m/9231062136/p/6 )... rec'd as Xmas present from my son

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Inspired by the master... this is a first-gen mockup (still needs work)...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Hello folks...

Car is ready to re-do the blue paint. Was planned for today, but we are currently experiencing a snap of wet weather (rare for Phoenix). Painter suggests waiting for drier weather...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
A major finding... Cleaning-out my garage last weekend, I found the long-lost 2012 PAINT SAMPLES.

The paint itself is long since petrified... but in a major stroke of good fortune, there was some residue inside the bottle cap.

Eyeball test... It looks like a dead-bang match for the new paint from TCP Global (couple pages back).

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Not surprisingly; comparison to previously painted parts bears out the same finding.

Teardown & re-do was the right decision. Even though it was a tough pill to rationalize swallowing...

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
BIG efforts here..... Cheers

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Good news and bad news...

The good news: A change in plans... things cleared up late Tuesday, enough so that the guys took a run at shooting the new paint...

The bad news... I missed it... but think things worked out just fine

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Steering Wheel and small parts too...

There is a very real chance we'll get this baby BACK ON THE ROAD SOON!

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
That seems bluer! Good for you Charlie

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
I am fighting through the exact color of the molded plastic myself too, as I am almost at that point in the restoration. With that said that is damn fine work Charley.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Phil; Thank you for the comments & feedback (I take this as high praise indeed)!

Ever since I first discovered this site, I have been inspired by the depth of research and the quality of work done by all the 'frat brothers'. Throughout our project, I have aspired to embrace the very high standards this group has evolved, and maybe even contribute something where & if I can. All of you have helped beyond measure, to make our project better than it might have been otherwise.

To all of you; THANKS AGAIN!
/cm/