Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Charley Maule...Newest member
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charley Maule...Newest member
 Login/Join

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Charley,

Thanks for the update! She's looking great!!!

Mike

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
Charley

Im new to the site and to the hobby. The car is looking amazing and it looks as though you are getting close. Just in time for the 50th anniversary too. I've gone through your string here several times there is so much great info in here. I have a question about the interior you got from Al Knoch if you have a minute . Was that a one off thing they did for you? I read here you were trying to get others to go in with you to see if you could get the cost down I'm assume but no one did that I could tell. Is that interior a package that I could call there and say I want the Charley 67 pacer interior and Im done. Is there a person that I should ask for? Could you give me a ball park on the cost for the whole package? I really would appreciate any help you could give.

Steve

Posts: 8 | Registered: 06 June 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Steve, thank you for the comments! Glad to help. I consider myself very fortunate to benefit from the contributions of so many other people on this site-- a great bunch of guys! Happy to 'pay it forward'...

My interior order was a combination of stock items from the Knoch Camaro catalog, some stuff NOT LISTED in their catalog (but I asked & they said they could do it anyway), and of course the custom door panels involved a high level of communication to coordinate details. I have to sort out the 'real' cost because I bought a bunch of extra stuff. For instance; extra door panels & dash pad for John (my restoration guy); extra rear armrest panels (1 new set without speaker cutouts), etc. Also I bought all new seat foam; padding & burlap, convertible top kit (with date stamp), boot cover-- EVERYTHING from sun visors to well liner along with everything in between-- more than a lot of guys might do. I may end up starting a separate thread on this topic...

The 'group order' idea became a moot point due to lack of interest. AK did honor their original price quotes, which were 2 years old by the time I confirmed order.

What really blew me away though, was WOW!!!! customer service (a topic close to my heart anyway), once we started getting serious. They bent over backwards to accommodate my visit and took considerable time to work with me (along with Mike Rossi). We sort-of took over their office to spread out samples all over the place. Both Mike and I harped on them to document all the details of the the door panel order so they could be replicated. They should have it on file as special order detail under my name (and/or 1967 Camaro Pace Car). I worked mainly with Melissa at AK customer svc. to pin down all my order details. Melanie is also a great contact & very helpful too. The door panels are their catalog Bright Blue 1967 Deluxe, with exceptions to substitute the door bottom carpet & vinyl welting.

Also reminds me... They made me 3 pair of extra door bottoms (w/vinyl) from my carpet remnants, not sure what I am going to do with them yet...

quote:
Originally posted by L181A L35 (15 May 2016):
The correct vinyl for the door panel's carpet welting ended up being '69 Camaro dark blue 32 ounce vinyl

Good thing Mike nailed this down... my sample simply says "Camaro"...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charley

I will also need a complete new interior. Back in late 71 and early 72 the previous owner did a complete color change the car to red exterior and black interior. I would like to get it back to the original colors. I will call and see what I can find out.
Thanks again

Posts: 8 | Registered: 06 June 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
Hi Charley, your car looks great and it´s a very impressive work you are doing.
I would be interested in buying a pair of your door bottom carpets if its possible for you to ship them to Sweden.

Regards
Goran

Posts: 7 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 06 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
Stunning attention to detail Charley. Fantastic!!!

Posts: 1416 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
I just popped into your thread to get some new updates on your build and am blown away at your progress. I would like to commend you on striving for perfection on the interior quest. My question for you, is Al Knock making a complete correct kit for these bright blue interior cars now? I would like to purchase the front and rear door panels, carpet, and dash to start. Can do new seat covers later. All my stuff is new, but obviously not correct 67 GM, like you strived for. What color did you use to re-dye your kick panels?

Thanks,

Tom Weaver

Posts: 1416 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<pacekar>
posted
I'm new on this site how ever I have been reading posts for a while and I remember this car and his hard top because I saw it for sale and even tried to buy it car looks great

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Hello again folks... Popping in for a quick update. Hard to believe how quickly time passes. Crazy swamped with various matters, but still worked in a quick visit Friday afternoon.

I see there are several questions going back to October. Sorry I've not responded to these yet. Will try to cover these at the end.

Things are still moving along (although slowly)... As things come together, finding a few oddball parts we still need to scare up, mostly underhood and small detail stuff. From the long view, car looks pretty much the same...

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
The main focus recently has been on interior & wiring. Seats are back from upholsterer, and interior is coming together. Carpet is in...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Front seat...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Rear panel w/ashtray & rear seat...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
They did an amazing job reconditioning the seatbelts. These were soaked in transmission fluid & sat for 40 years (leaked from the convertible top hydraulics).

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Also thought I'd throw in a quick shot introducing the 'man with the plan'-- John Bauler. Here John is working on the console wiring...

I couldn't be happier with the project... John has a wealth of Camaro knowledge and has provided priceless advice at every step along the way. I waited a LOONG time to kick off this project... So glad I waited to find the right guy for the job!!

You can see some of his other projects at http://www.azcamarorestorations.com/home.html . My car appears in a few of the gallery photos...

=====================================================

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL (and to all a good night!)

Charley

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goran L:
Hi Charley, your car looks great and it´s a very impressive work you are doing.
I would be interested in buying a pair of your door bottom carpets if its possible for you to ship them to Sweden.

Regards
Goran

Hi Goran, sorry about late response. Send me a PM with your shipping information and I'll see if I can get you a price. CM