My Forum Home Page
Charley Maule...Newest member

This topic can be found at:
https://camaropacecars.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1590019733/m/5211072536

08 December 2020, 12:07 AM
Charley Maule
Charley Maule...Newest member
In today from PARAGON... One 2-DMI-7, the other 6-DMI-6...

08 December 2020, 08:28 AM
Tom McGinnity
Good to know they are still doing that. Thanks Charlie

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)
10 December 2020, 12:45 AM
Charley Maule
They must use the same mirror glass for other applications (i.e. Corvette). They were a wee bit dodgy when I asked about Camaro application(s). But they confirmed 4.25" diameter, so I took the risk.

We have not yet broken down the housing(s). But from eyeball inspection, looks like it will fit perfectly.

https://www.paragoncorvette.co...ror-glass-dated.aspx
02 January 2021, 02:21 PM
Charley Maule
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone...

It hurts a little bit to see this, but helps to know it is for a worthy cause... Interior teardown in progress for new paint...

02 January 2021, 02:26 PM
Charley Maule
Work to continue 1W-Jan, hopefully ready to re-shoot by late in the week. Door trim also to come off, then we will mask the snot out of everything else (kicks; etc.)...

TOM: I have been copiously studying your TRUNK MAT series the last few weeks ( https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...733/m/9231062136/p/6 )... rec'd as Xmas present from my son

02 January 2021, 03:03 PM
Charley Maule
Inspired by the master... this is a first-gen mockup (still needs work)...

19 January 2021, 09:32 PM
Charley Maule
Hello folks...

Car is ready to re-do the blue paint. Was planned for today, but we are currently experiencing a snap of wet weather (rare for Phoenix). Painter suggests waiting for drier weather...

19 January 2021, 09:42 PM
Charley Maule
A major finding... Cleaning-out my garage last weekend, I found the long-lost 2012 PAINT SAMPLES.

The paint itself is long since petrified... but in a major stroke of good fortune, there was some residue inside the bottle cap.

Eyeball test... It looks like a dead-bang match for the new paint from TCP Global (couple pages back).

19 January 2021, 09:48 PM
Charley Maule
Not surprisingly; comparison to previously painted parts bears out the same finding.

Teardown & re-do was the right decision. Even though it was a tough pill to rationalize swallowing...

20 January 2021, 08:43 AM
Tom McGinnity
BIG efforts here..... Cheers

21 January 2021, 02:33 AM
Charley Maule
Good news and bad news...

The good news: A change in plans... things cleared up late Tuesday, enough so that the guys took a run at shooting the new paint...

The bad news... I missed it... but think things worked out just fine

21 January 2021, 02:42 AM
Charley Maule
Steering Wheel and small parts too...

There is a very real chance we'll get this baby BACK ON THE ROAD SOON!

21 January 2021, 07:24 AM
Tom McGinnity
That seems bluer! Good for you Charlie

23 January 2021, 08:29 AM
festival
I am fighting through the exact color of the molded plastic myself too, as I am almost at that point in the restoration. With that said that is damn fine work Charley.

Phil@camaropacecars.com
23 January 2021, 02:56 PM
Charley Maule
Phil; Thank you for the comments & feedback (I take this as high praise indeed)!

Ever since I first discovered this site, I have been inspired by the depth of research and the quality of work done by all the 'frat brothers'. Throughout our project, I have aspired to embrace the very high standards this group has evolved, and maybe even contribute something where & if I can. All of you have helped beyond measure, to make our project better than it might have been otherwise.

To all of you; THANKS AGAIN!
/cm/