Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Charley Maule...Newest member
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charley Maule...Newest member
 Login/Join

<His 67PC>
posted
The four blade fans are not dated. The first picture looks like those I have from 67 Camaros I have parted. The second as noted is slightly different (rivets & contour) and does not look like what I am familiar with seeing on Camaros.

Keith C.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Yes first one is correct, if I posted a pic of the one in the second then I screwed up!

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone; Thanks for fan info.

Mike, maybe my misread on the fan pictures... the one on P.23 is a small picture so it was kind of hard to distinguish. Appreciate your inputs a lot...

Couple new questions:

1) Anybody know of someplace that can do a good jod straightening out mangled stainless moldings? (pic below) Tom, I saw an earlier post ( https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...733/m/871107695/p/30 ) where you recommended Brightworks in MA? I am contacting them, but still hoping for someplace closer to home...

2) On pg.13 of Sapp's original thread there is a picture of stamping from a convertible rear window. Is this pretty standard, or do these vary (obviously dates will differ). ( https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...733/m/337108082/p/13 ).

I spoke to Al Knoch Interiors yesterday, asked for samples of their carpet & edge banding. Also found on their website they offer a date stamp option for convertible window. Asked if they could also send pictures of this too, hoping for response late next week... (see: http://www.parts123.com/parts1...5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000155b )

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
That piece is junk... find another used one to polish. I have never had one peep of complaint by Brightworks... I'd never go anywhere else.. although I must mention that he polishes the trim to what resembles chrome.. it will match your brand new chromed header and vent window frames perfectly.. this is not technically correct as GM stainless was anodized with some process or other that more professional and vastly more expensive shops can do.. I prefer super shiney Wink

Mike Rossi has gone to Knoch many times for all kinds of reasons.. mostly to get them to make things even more accurately than they already do. I think Mike said the date stamp is awesome but for later in the year? I'll email Mike and ask him to repaond to this thread for details

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Guys...

I am not here much as you know...sorry! My contact at Knoch is no longer there. I attempted to make contact with them a few weeks ago (they have my early '67 heel pad sample) they have not contacted me. I need to go out there and speak with Al directly. The window stamp is very close for the late cars such as the IPC and will probably suffice for most everyone's needs if you can get them to make one in the correct 32 ounce material...they push the 38. Things are a bit busy right now in my personal life...so no promises there. But I do need to go track down my heel pad/carpet!!! My best point of contact for now is email...txrsss@msn.com.

Mike

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charley Maule 7/28/13:

Overall: We liked the ACC KVD but thought the grain was a little light... for TrimParts we liked the one in the middle; but unfortunately I don't have their color names... also the grain was heavier than desired. So where does that leave us??? Not sure... have a few more ideas to explore & will post another update depennding on what pans out...

TIME FOR A BRIEF UPDATE... We are STILL struggling with final interior selections. I had obtained still more samples from another supplier-- some of which we felt looked more correct in some respects but less so in others. Last Monday (9/9) John, my restoration guy, spoke to Al Knoch Interiors and they discussed our dilemma. They were going to send us an assortment of blue carpet & vinyl samples to peruse... which I'm anxiously looking forward to seeing!!! stay tuned... hoping we get to the bottom of this pretty soon!!

Here's a montage of what we've been through so far... Looking forward to seeing the additional samples from Knoch...

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
You know we are watching and waiting! The wallets are fat and ready to open roll

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Quick little intermission while Charley does research.. I bought the stencil for the pinstripe that Charley figured out.. I had to make a much needed repair the my triple blue driver.. The stencil is the cats meow... My pinstriper loved it and even pointed out that it comes out TOO GOOD. Thanks Charley.

P.S The size and spacing is absolutely correct

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Done!
Note that my guys made the tail as messy as the boys in Van Nuyes.. I like that

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Really nice Tom! yea

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tom, your car looks great.

Going up to the color and carpet samples, just can't understand why nobody can get the carpet in the correct stitching pattern. That is a great display of how the original carpet had a "rows of corn" straight pattern with all the loops the same size. All the repros have the "scrambled brains" random non- pattern multi sized loops.

Great photos of both subjects.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I heard that they don't even have the machinery any longer that makes the correct weave . I think that option is off the table sadly

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Ahhh- Progress- is wonderful (even if baby steps)...

Delivery from UPS today... with the windshield molding I ended up sending to Tom's guy Steve at Brightworks Restoration ( http://brightworksrestoration.com/ ). Gave up on Ebaying for used original (none to be found, although LOTS of repops). Sent Steve the picture above-- He thought it was nothing he couldn't take care of, & said he'd seen a lot worse! Really nice guy... The repaired & refinished piece looks phenomenal, & guaranteed to fit. ((THANKS TOM!!)(P.S. Glad the stripe stencil worked for you too... couldn't be happier with how mine turned out!)

Picture below overlays the repaired molding with the original "before" picture so you can see the difference. Very nice work!!!

A minor setback with the interior samples. We checked with Knoch this week and apparently the person who was handling our sample request is gone, so had to start over.

I did get a sample of the window stamp couple weeks ago, they said it is correct for Corvettes, but it looks nothing like Mike Rossi's picture at https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...733/m/337108082/p/13 . Mike visited Knoch's and he Emailed me what to ask them for (THANKS MIKE!!)... now I'm waiting for word as to whether they can support it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
That I cannot believe! WOW Eeker

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
That trim piece in your hand is the same piece in the picture??? That is unbelievable! That is a miracle. Awesome work!! Was it pricy though to get it fixed?

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post