Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Charley Maule...Newest member
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charley Maule...Newest member
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
And this picture is the ACC welting. On the left is #KVD- Med. Blue, and on the right is #8841- Dk. Blue.

I did notice there is a difference in texture, in the TrimParts samples the grain stood out more and was much coarser than the ACC. Hard to tell from this very small band of original welting... hopefully on my upcoming visit I can get a better look from the door panels...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Revisiting Carpet Welting 8/3/13-- comparing to larger strip on Door Panels:

several to choose from-- 4 original door panels from coupe & convertible--

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
The color comparison photographed very differently in different lighting... Also note texture of the door panel edge band...

ACC samples, pictured in shade:

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
ACC samples, in direct sun--

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
TrimParts samples in direct sun...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
TrimParts samples, in shade:

Overall: We liked the ACC KVD but thought the grain was a little light... for TrimParts we liked the one in the middle; but unfortunately I don't have their color names... also the grain was heavier than desired. So where does that leave us??? Not sure... have a few more ideas to explore & will post another update depennding on what pans out.

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
QUESTION-- Anybody have pictures of '67 Camaro big-block cooling fan? I'm looking for a 396" cooling fan & not sure exactly what we're looking for. My car had 5-blade fan with clutch when I bought it, which I am pretty sure was not original.

P.S. Dave & Jeb, I posted the same question on your thread... got any pictures?

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Fantastic work! I have a blue LA built 67 convertible with a Pacecar style bright blue interior with console... This is the tag I found under the pass side front carpet ( soaked in coolant from a leaking heater core )..

Tag reads:

67 F-Body Conv B/S ( not sure what BS means )
4 slits
2 door
1173-T dk bright blue Trenton
Allen Industries.. Compton CA

Compton is in LA and quite close to the LA factory

THIS is the carpet that LA build Camaros got that had the Bright Blue Deluxe Interior.

Trenton I learned is the style of weave

Dark Bright Blue is the colors name

Big Grin

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<His 67PC>
posted
Charley, Your fan has a date code and part number stamped into the blades at the outer end. The date looks like D72 Which I think is April 1967 second week. The fan clutch is the type used for 396/375HP engines. So is this the original part? I have seen this style on 67s.

Keith C.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<His 67PC>
posted
I forgot to mention checking the outer edge of fan clutch mounting flange for a date code also. That could be a clue to the originality of what is there.

Keith C.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Keith thanks. Here is a closer-up shot of the part numbers, etc. on the fan, we were thinking these markings meant 1972???? Fan clutch I am pretty sure is not original- I'm pretty sure I remember replacing it with a NAPA fan clutch in 1976 when I swapped the engines (the mechanic at the corner garage told me the fan clutch was bad). Car is a 4N (L35) not a 4K (L78)...

The 396" that was in the car when I acquired it had a hodgepodge of "upgrades" since it was used as a race car... we assumed the fan was one of these... others included an aluminum rectangle-port manifold with huge Holley 4V, Corvette dual-point distributor, wicked racing cam, 2" headers (primary tubes), & more... it got about 6 MPG when the plugs were fresh, 3-4 MPG when they started fouling (which they did couple times a week)... this was all before the rods started knocking and I swapped out the engine...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Tom; thx for the carpet info... I found something similar talking about Allen Industries carpet on Camaros.net at http://www.camaros.net/forums/...dex.php/t-27253.html -- Google search comes up with lots of Allen Industries but couldn't find any in carpet business, my guess would be they probably closed shop a long time ago????

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
My car (L-35 396) has the 4 blade fan and 1 9/32" spacer. Big blocks already had the 23" HD radiator. The K02 "Fan, temperature controlled", was available as a factory or dealer installed option. If the car spent much time in Phoenix I'd think that'd be necessary, my car won't sit in traffic very long without the needle climbing. (Doubt a fan clutch would last over 45 years.)

Good info here:
http://www.camaros.org/coolingsystems.shtml

EDIT: That part number on yours does look to be a later fan that wasn't around in '67.

BTW, my alternator is on the other side.

EDIT: Tom I think the B/S is "Bucket Seat", probably different hole locations for seat mounts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MLakin,

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Hey Charley,
Mike is correct about the fan. All Camaro's (67-68) got a 4 bladed fan, unless they were a Z28, L78 or an air-conditioned car. Your Camaro should have a 4-bladed fan pn. 3839282 along with a heavy duty radiator 23" 4 core.

You can read more about them on the CRG website.
http://www.camaros.org/coolingsystems.shtml#fan

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The 5 blade clutch fan could be ordered as an option and came with the 23 inch radiator.. All the Festival Commitment smallblock cars with the 350 Powerglide got the " HD cooling " option which is basically the hd radiator and the upper hose is longer and the 5 blade clutch fan. The shroud of course is different as well. I would imagine that maybe that fan Charley has could have been an option on his car?

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post