Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Mirror and Vent window numbers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mirror and Vent window numbers
 Login/Join

In the garage
posted
Has anyone determined the size, color and font for the mirror and vent window numbers for the Festival cars?

Posts: 5 | Location: Franklin, TN | Registered: 18 January 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Well there is some information known. First a question... Which dealer (that prepared the car for the zone) - are you asking about?

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
My Shipping Data Report lists the dealer as Chevrolet Zone Office Indianapolis, Indiana. I don't know who prepped the car.

Posts: 5 | Location: Franklin, TN | Registered: 18 January 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
There were three dealers involved in the Preparation of the commitment fleet.

Johnson Chevrolet prepped the trucks

Bill Kuhn Chevrolet Prepped 24 festival Cars and all of the Speedway cars (10) for a total of 34.

Nankivell Chevrolet Prepped 19 Festival Cars.

There is evidence that there was inconsistent placement of the decals. My Theory was that the decals applied by the dealer were done so either on the left or the right side of the rearview mirror and that cars Prepared by Nankivell appear on the Left side.

Tom's #78 was a Kuhn car and it is on the right side

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
The size is 1 inch and the color is a medium blue. The font style is a block collegiate style.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The font is some weird stuff for sure..I've never seen that exact style and have searched back in the day. Look how the left upper and the top of the 55 seems to be the corner of a perfectly square piece if vinyl

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
quote:
The size is 1 inch and the color is a medium blue. The font style is a block collegiate style.

Thanks for the information.
My residue is on the left side of the mirror.
I can clearly make out the number 2 and see two vertical lines for the second number so it has to be the number 1.

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Here's another look if it helps for anything?

When I mashed this up, I hadn't yet seen Tom & Phil's super close-up photos above (I was reading only the daily Email summary, not the actual post)...

Anyway... This is scanned snapshot of car #18 (Bob Binder's car) couple days before it went to Barrett-Jackson 1989. The inset is blow-up from super-hi-res scan. This car got a full-page writeup in the Crispino book. He bought the car through Gates Chevrolet months after the race. Don't know who did the dealer prep (note left side).

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post