Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Upper Windshield Header Color (Suede ?)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upper Windshield Header Color (Suede ?)
 Login/Join

Racing
posted
What is the consensus on the windshield upper header finish? Is it supposed to be suede blue or just blue? Mine did not look like it was suede before I had it sandblasted. It appeared to be a brighter blue than the dash top.

Chris Many

"If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can !"

Avid home restorer of classic cars.

Posts: 155 | Location: Highgate Falls, Vermont | Registered: 04 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
gooood QUESTION. I can check mine this weekend when I'm near the car..

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Chris Many,

I have a knock out set of seat for your car if you need seats.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
I think I'm all set for seats. thanks for the offer.

Chris Many

Posts: 155 | Location: Highgate Falls, Vermont | Registered: 04 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
I think I can answere my own question. I bought both blue lacquer paints from instrument specialties. The dash top color is darker than the upper header, which is brighter blue like the dash face and upper door panels.

-Chris

Chris Many

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I would guess that ( did not make it to the car last weekend for you sorry). I think they sprayed the whole area blue the shot the darker, suede just on the dash top.. obviously to lower road glare.

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post