Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Inching closer to the "worlds best grill"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inching closer to the "worlds best grill"
 Login/Join

<GaryB>
posted
Looks like black on the black plastic grill side and natural(silver)on the aluminum colored molding side. IMHO

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom McGinnity:
Here is what I opted to do with my C-1 car.. I used the black AMK rivets on the plastic grill center and the supposed eBay NOS rivets on the trim to valance.. Now we have concluded that I had to put the silver rivets in upside down because the holes in the trim are too big ( bigger than original factory ) for some reason.. this makes the smushed part of the rivet fall straight through.. its a problem we can't solve reasonably ( you'd nedd to have a special rivet made with the same size head but the shank would need to be a much bigger diameter so when smushed it grows to the bigger hole size )

I am "right there" with Tom!!! Need a special sized shaft rivet to fasten newer NOS and repro lower molding to valance. It needs to be rounded head and silver or natural in color.

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
eBay Guy

I don't have the time right now but if one of you guys wanted to call this dude: He mentions that he sells restoration rivets in this auction.. maybe he has vast knowledge?
Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: L181A L35,

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post