Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Inching closer to the "worlds best grill"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inching closer to the "worlds best grill"
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted
You guys know that years ago I managed to find a 67 flat faced factory riveted 3 piece grill. Well since then I have been steadily looking for the headlamp covers.. They obviously were superceeded just after 67 in favor of the 68 high horizontal line style so the window for success is small. Well after 7 years of asking questions of every possible headlamp cover seller on eBay etc. I finally found one Big Grin

One to go Roll Eyes So see you in 2017 roll

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Smooth as a babies ass

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Part Number

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
grill

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The repro covers are in fact quite excellent..I guess its just the point of it.. maybe just an obsession Roll Eyes

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The bezels and the surrounds are still plentiful for some reason in NOS... So thats good

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Odd there are two different masking lines in the bezels above.

I wonder why?

Posts: 2769 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<IPC 93>
posted
If you will please look closely at the paint break lines to the left side of the picture on the bezels, you can more readily see that the break line is not a fine break. Some of it is from use during aging of course. Put more than likely the bezels are not masked off. This is very common in mass production of painting parts, etc. The bezels are more than likely placed in a fixture, or the fixture is placed over them, and then the black is sprayed on. The bezels then removed and sent through a low heat oven. This is why there will be variations in where the paint break line appears. A slight movement while placing the bezel in the fixture will vary where the paint break line ends up.

Edit: After studying the picture a little more I'll add to this. If you look at the bezel under the other one, you can see where the black paint ends. And there is no black on the rest of the wide edge. Notice how the black does not have a sharp break line edge, and it is kind of like a slight fogged look where it ends. That definitely was from a fixture protecting it. Otherwise it would be a very sharp distinctive color stop. The black almost blew under the fixture at that point.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <IPC 93>,

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<His 67PC>
posted
Tom,

I wanted to show you that the other side does exist. You know I have the same obsession! I have found these two over the last three years. I have a second of one side, which prompted me to pull these out. I was hoping to be able to help you out but it is the RH side also. I thought about getting all my NOS RS parts out and taking a picture of the batch but did not have time.

If you ever come across another NOS flat grille, please keep me in mind. I have been collecting used ones hoping to be able piece together a good assembly.

Keith C.

<His 67PC>
posted
Back side.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Kieth those are awesome! Now that you have a set be sure to turn me onto my missing side if another pops up! Wink

Ron.. yes. I very much like these anomolies..

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
My all time favorite is this baby... Talk about a Monday Morning sneak by for quality control! I installed this on my C-1 so there would be no mistaken it was NOS roll

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Backside

<GaryB>
posted
I could be wrong, but I think that someone repops the correct flat covers. I know that it is not "Tom style" NOS though. Big Grin
Besides, Gary can also flatten covers.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Oh yes and they are very nice... You know me though... just odd I suppose checkered flag