Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Any Recommendations on quarter panels and rear panel?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Recommendations on quarter panels and rear panel?
 Login/Join

<Larry C Weaver>
posted
I want the GMC! racer

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Tom; Thanks for the icebreaker w/ previous post. Clearly its not about the quarter panels anymore. I would love to share more info. on this story but honestly, I'm in a quandary where/which pigeon-hole to start it off. Suggestions on continuing the story would be appreciated. THANKS!!!!! CM.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I'll get with you on that soon

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Charlie , leave as much of the original metal , joins and seams that you can. Fortunate for you it looks very solid.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Posting an update on this. Car is now in media blasting and have some updated pictures. Thank you to the several of you who offered suggestions. There seemed basically a consensus opinion to keep as much of the original panels, welds, stampings, etc. as possible and patch only as necessary as an alternative to whole panel replacement. Restoration guy and body guy have suggested pretty much the same thing, for pretty much the same reasons. As I often like to say... Great minds think alike...

Left quarter- opened up:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Left Quarter Open

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Right Quarter- open

Right Quarter- Open

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Hi folks-- Little help here please??

Would like to make contact with folks who have actually done the quarter-patch-panel repair and compare notes, etc. Please PM me on this-- Thanks/Charley

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
bump

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post