Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

67 350 correctness
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted
I figured it’s time start a new topic on Engine correctness. I wanted to correct all the little imperfections on #3’s engine to bring it back to 03C 100% GM correct. Tom McGinnity has been assisting over the last week. I’ve been going through the catalogs and noticed some things aren’t reproduced or they look different. I also have a question about hose clamps vs. spring clamps and lines. Does anybody have a 67 350 engine that they can post up some good close up pictures for myself and others to view? What oil breather cap am I supposed to have? The push on or twist on chrome OIL style? The push on oil breather cap is no longer offered as well as the PG dipstick and tube.

Posts: 1416 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
A few pictures of mine that needs lots of help

Posts: 1416 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
front

Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
Pass side

Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
Tom McGinnity's #78 Engine.

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
For a non smog car the oil filler cap is Part #881 or 882 from Paragon Corvette. here I can't remember if it it is vented or not.

Mike

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike. Here's another for ya. Power brake booster vacuum check valve -- What color and design are they supposed to be. I see many different colors and styles all listed as 67-79 GM Gray, white, yellowing looking white, yellow orange and one on Ebay from Pace car Jeff with a diamond shape on the face. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Origin...rksid=p2054897.l4275

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Mikes right. the cap can be found at paragon. fits super tight but fits and looks correct and is a breather

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I think that right side manifold is incorrect. These are still pretty popular used. you can even find ok dates still and they are an easy changeout

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Is it a push on or twist on breather oil cap? The repro cap on it now is a push on style.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
push in

Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
How about the water hoses? I see you have spring clamps vs. my tower clams. and don't see them listed in the Camaro catalogs. Must be another Paragon item if so?

Supporter 2009
Racing
posted Hide Post
It looks like you have spacers behind the alternator bracket. I don't think that's correct.

Posts: 129 | Location: Brockton, MA | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Weave. I'm working with Bill to maybe get a wicked old thread reopened about my engine buildup.. stay tuned and don't cross your fingers

<Larry C Weaver>
posted
Me Weave or the other Weave?? Cheers

Reply With QuoteReport This Post