Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Indy 500 Pace Car Discussion    Possible Blue Topper Dealer Invoice?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible Blue Topper Dealer Invoice?
 Login/Join 
Racing
posted
Saw this posting on the team Camaro.net website forums. Somebody has a dealer invoice for a white 67RS/SS, blue interior......going to the Indy Zone right BEFORE the race....looks interesting! Could it be for a blue topper??

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=355569

Posts: 129 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Racing
posted Hide Post
The picture shows Hub Caps. The sheet shows disc brakes. Can you get disc brakes w/out rally wheels?

Posts: 129 | Location: Brockton, MA | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Dealer code is 25-343. The invoice number matches up real close for it to have been a blue top pacer. Wish we had the VIN.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Martin:
The picture shows Hub Caps. The sheet shows disc brakes. Can you get disc brakes w/out rally wheels?

Supposedly not. Rallys/discs 4.5" backspacing, non-rally/drum 4", so the drum brake wheel would fit without interference but you'd have and extra 1" front "track." Problem comes (in front) putting 4.5" BS Rallys on a 4" BS drum. Hubcaps also pop right on to the Rallys, but unless you paint them black they don't look correct with the silver showing through the hubcap openings.

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<RickDawn67>
posted
This is only a few invoice numbers before the C-4 4N car we have in Canada that just changed hand last year.

Do we know from the dealer invoice if this was an 0-4 or C-4 4P car?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<RickDawn67>
posted
The invoice has it shipping the same day (5/3/67) and being 3 invoice numbers before the C-4 4N blue topper.

I can't find dealer 343 located in the Indy Zone (25) though...

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
The invoice shown is for my Camaro. It was sold from McDonald Chevrolet in Nashville, Indiana.I have this posted with a picture of my car with the pace car decal on it on another forum on this site. I tried to post the full invoice but it wouldn't let me saying the file size was too big.

Posts: 8 | Location: Southern Ohio  | Registered: 30 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
If you don't know how to resize it you can email it to me and I'll do it

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Could you post pictures of your Camaro on this thread? Would love to see it. Thanks.

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Paper.. unreal.. so cool

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of my car at the dealership before it was purchased. It sold 6/6/67 as shown on the invoice. I forwarded some pictures to my work and will try to post some pictures.

Posts: 8 | Location: Southern Ohio  | Registered: 30 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
I can't seem to post more than one picture at a time so I will post one at a time. Here is the trim tag. Paul

In the garage
posted Hide Post
Interior needing TLC along with the rest of the car!!

In the garage
posted Hide Post
Front End.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Love those Blue Toppers!
Really nice Paul.

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of my car at McDonald Chevrolet in Nashville Indiana. The picture is of Bill McDonald and his Dad with a 1928 Chevy.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
bump