Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Indy 500 Pace Car Discussion    Paint colour on rocker panels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paint colour on rocker panels
 Login/Join 
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted
Does anyone know the paint code for the black that was used on the rocker panels of the RS cars?

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
I don't, but I just used SEMS HotRod black to do my rockers last weekend. Has a nice low gloss finish.

Chris Many

"If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can !"

Avid home restorer of classic cars.

Posts: 155 | Location: Highgate Falls, Vermont | Registered: 04 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Dave I used the same flattened black lacquer that I used on my lower dash and the tops of my doors, I have a parchment interior. Not sure of the formula as that was 2004. I think it was a 30 or 60 percent flattened paint. What car are you doing???

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys
I bought a 67 Capri Cream RS with a beige vinyl top. Bench seat, fold down rear seat, deluxe gold interior, tilt column shift, power windows, remote mirror. 327/210 automatic, California smog equipped.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Nice. Put up some pics when you get a chance! I think the black lacquer was a 30% flattening agent, but let me confirm. Don't you have a '67 big block as well?

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I have a 67 California black plate RS/SS butternut yellow with a black vinyl top survivor 350 automatic car with documentation and dealer installed AC in 1969 that I bought shortly after I sold my 67 pace car.

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
David, how about a couple photos of this coupe? Yellow interior?

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Parr:
Does anyone know the paint code for the black that was used on the rocker panels of the RS cars?

I checked the Chevrolet Service News and it shows 30% flattening agent in black lacquer.

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Service News

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Thanks, car is all apart right now. Just came back from having back half painted Capri Cream then went straight to the vinyl top guy to have the beige top installed.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Pictures David! Send them to me...I'll post them.. How are you man ? Cheers

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
bump

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post