Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Indy 500 Pace Car Discussion    A BIG Welcome to 67 Indy L-34
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A BIG Welcome to 67 Indy L-34
 Login/Join 
<Pat Railsback>
posted
Yes,,you had front talls at one time or another? The fronts were a seperate RPO order but normally would have had rears too? Keep the photos coming Smiler

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Do you have any other pictures of the interior and under the hood of the engine? Would be great to see. Even though it is apart we still love seeing the details of such a rare car.

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
67 L34 When did you buy this car?

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
With a car like this there is bound to be some speculation etc. Doug would you mind if I posted the block stamp on this thread?

I'm so focused on just 67 IPC's and small blocks for that matter that I'm not up on this stuff... Who out there can tell me if there are any legit confirmed other 67 Camaros with this engine.. Doug I have still not grasped the whole thing you told me about this engine existing in the assembly manual and correlating with your cars build but will try to sit down tonight with the book and see all that! VERY interesting... Cheers

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry C Weaver>
posted
WOW! Welcome to the whacky ward! Cool car!
Da weave

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Welcome! It's nice to hear about another one being saved! Tell us more,please. Andy V

Posts: 540 | Location: Southeast Ohio | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<67 Indy L34>
posted
I bought the car in the late 1980's. It was in Louisville Ky. I drove it home. The farthest that I have been able to trace it is being sold at a used car dealer in Louisville that didn't exist anymore in 1971.

<L78conv>
posted
Would love to see a copy of the engine stamp as well as others I am sure. I have yet to see a 67 L34 Camaro nor have I ever seen a single shred of GM documentation (letters, notices, etc.) that states it was or would be available. Have seen lots of prints and what not for various things that were to be built and then were scrapped. The tri-power for Camaro was one of my favorites that never made it.

If indeed real then it is a substantial find that needs to be researched and documented to the gills.

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have seen lots of prints and what not for various things that were to be built and then were scrapped.

Amen!

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
I have 1967 GM Documents listing the 396 with 350 HP and AT.

I also have 1967 GM documents that list the date code for the tranny tag. The date on the tag falls right in about two to three weeks prior to the build of the car.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
The tranny is spot on!

Phil can you post the GM docs?

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Finally someone else with a THM-400! I've not looked in a while, but was never able to find out how to decode the numbers on my trannys tag.

Phil, Tony, you guys know how to decode it? If you recall my car was built at the very end of 04A (0404 engine date, 0406 axle), tag on transmission is CC-67-10153.

Looks like it could be off, L34's VIN and body number lower, but transmission tag higher. Confused

And welcome to the site 67IndyL34!!!!

P.S. Stupid me, I've had the tranny out of my car twice, once for a rebuild when the 2nd gear clutch pack fragged (an hour and a half drive from home), and when I had to replace the flex plate after the unfortunate parking block incident at Andy Wolf's Spring fling show. I neglected to take a picture of the tranny tag both times!!!! Mad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MLakin,

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<67 Indy L34>
posted
There was a picture of another trans tag that was removed from this thread. What car was that from and what were the numbers?
CC-67-9???. When was the car built?

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Doug..... Did you have any luck with finding a Broadcast sheet?

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I would look that rear end, trans and engine over for any signs of other special build codes or stamps etc.. doesn't hurt to look!

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Yea? That was Pete Sgros I think... Pete: Toss that back up here will ya Wink

Anyhow Doug has been kind enough to allow his numbers to be printed on the public side of the site after a conversation in the Owners Only Section

Dougs a super straight shooter us flag

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
engine! A feast for a Camaro lovers eyes Spin

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
cast date

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I think the question of validity here is mute Wink

<67 Indy L34>
posted
Here is a better picture of the block casting number.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67 Indy L34:
There was a picture of another trans tag that was removed from this thread. What car was that from and what were the numbers?
CC-67-9???. When was the car built?

Hi Doug,
I removed my post because I didn't want to hijack your thread here. The tag from my tranny has the number "9981". The Camaro big block it came from was a non Pace Car built in "05D" with a stamping of "T0517MY". Hope this helps.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom D,

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting that the block was cast "A 18 7" (Jan, 17 67).
It was built "T0323EQ" (March, 23 67) and ready for the "04A" Pacer. A long time in between cast date and built date. Not a significant point.
I could not find the casting number 3855961 on the CRG website for L78 engines.

<67 Indy L34>
posted
quote:
I could not find the casting number 3855961 on the CRG website for L78 engines.

That Block was not used on the L78. It was only used on the L35 and L34 from 1966 to 1967. In 1966 the L34 was 360HP.

http://www.nastyz28.com/bbcmenu.php

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that a few 295 hp 350's in 04A cars were cast in Dec 66....
Like I've always said.. It ain't milk at the market and these guys didn't rotate stock Wink

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Wow great car! Cheers

Glad you joined us and the many 67 nuts here will be of great help when your getting things back together!

Posts: 272 | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post