Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

96 Brickyard CAmaro on eBay
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted
Come on please!!! the car has a build date of September 18th, how could this is a BY car?
pf:1&vxp=mtr&frcectupt=true" target="_blank">link

Bill @ CamaroPaceCars.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 2982 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
I saw that. Sent an email asking what documentation he has that shows it was used at the track. The decals do not match the known Festival Cars, either. The windshield banner is not the right font, the flags over winged wheels on the quarter are too large and the door graphics are missing the official pace car text and the banner with the race date on it, on top of being the wrong colors. Bill, were you that race? Did they actually use 40 some couples at the track?

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
I wasn't there but have never heard of coupes. I won't say there weren't any but after 20 years you'd think we would have seen some before this if they did exist. This car was built in September so it definitely wasn't there!

Bill @ CamaroPaceCars.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 2982 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill B:
This car was built in September so it definitely wasn't there!

I knew the Festival convertibles were some of first cars built in the 1997 production run, so I always thought if coupes were used, their VINs would have been in the same range. The only record of car VINs I've seen is from the Camaro Enthusiast Magazine article and it makes no reference to any coupes used. A lot of red flags with this ad. The car is a hardtop, so why would the track put a driver inside this car for introductions when they had 50 convertibles? The auction is also a private listing. These kind of auctions make me skeptical why the seller doesn't want the bidders to know who their bidding against. So far, the seller has not replied to my questions about documentation and driver verification. Probably won't because he has none.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
I was surfing around tonight and came across this ad for a 1997 Festival Car. When I read the description it really sounded familiar. I compared this to the ad Bill posted above and found they're the same. The Ebay guy copied and pasted his description from the Old Ride site ad. He knows all to well that his car is not what he says it is. Doesn't being truthful matter to any more.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
Found this ad while surfing today. Same seller as before. The bid got up to $4100 last time. At least the auction is showing the bidders this time.