Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IPC Trim Tag Only
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
posted
This trim tag needs to be watched for in the future for a clone!!!
https://carscoms.com/1967-chev...arts-car-386834.html

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Vin: 124677N203918

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Another:

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Looks like it has to be body: 194204

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Another one:

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Rest of the ad: I suspect this pace car will be reborn after it finds it's body...

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by festival:
Looks like it has to be body: 194204

Phil looks like 104204 to me...no???

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Correct. My conclusion is that it is an optical distortion or that the tag was photo shopped to conceal the actual build number.

Obviously, the 104204 makes no sense whatsoever given all the other "good" indicators present on the tag.

On the other hand 19204 falls right in where it should be.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Another possibility... the tag is a product of a factory key card-key punch error. In this case the 0 is legitimate, however it is an error on the tag.

Which gets me thinking... since the VIN assignment was directly related to the body sequence upon delivery from Fisher body, the trim tag error could have caused a cascading series of errors winding up with the wrong VIN# being assigned to the stamped portions of the body.

In this case the body IS original to the car after all, but this is just a theory.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
The way I am reading the ad the TT and VIN do not go together so the TT has no bearing on the VIN: "The Pace Car Trim Tag Data Plate/ VIN is non original to this car. . . this is how i bought it!" Also "The stamped body ID number under the cowl vent does not match the VIN at door post. The car was born as a base model V8, auto trans, console, manual top, std black interior, blue paint, 10-bolt rear axle, pwr steering, from what i can tell."

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Understood. He is right if he relies on what he can understand. You change the 0 to a 9 on the trim tag and then both the TT and the VIN fall in perfect for 04-A production.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: festival,

Phil@camaropacecars.com